Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smb86
    • By smb86 20th Apr 17, 6:00 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    smb86
    NPower Account
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:00 PM
    NPower Account 20th Apr 17 at 6:00 PM
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help me before I go windmilling in the direction of NPower.

We moved into our rental property last year and the gas and electricity was with NPower. We weren't sure what tarriff it was, so we didn't move providers straight away. As far as we were concerned, we paid the amount owing with each bill that we received every quarter.

When I've checked my credit file today, I have two accounts showing as open with NPower - one for gas, one for electricity but both opened in May 2016. Each account is showing three late payment markers which I am pretty p**sed about as when we paid the amounts, it was whatever was on the bill.

(I did try to post links to images but got accused of being a spammer...)

So my questions are:
    (1) Can they open two accounts on my credit file and apply two lots of late payment markers if I only have one account with them and receive a combined bill?
    (2) Do they have a reputation for being a bit s**t when it comes to stuff like this?
    (3) What is the best way to contact them (i.e. what do I need to ask for specifically) to understand how they've arrived at this decision so that I can look to challenge it?

We've now changed suppliers and are on DD, so this is just a bit of a pain to be dealing with now i'm no longer a customer.

Many thanks for your help!
Page 1
  • nPower
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:00 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:00 PM
    Hi,

Hoping someone can help me before I go windmilling in the direction of NPower.

We moved into our rental property last year and the gas and electricity was with NPower. We weren't sure what tarriff it was, so we didn't move providers straight away. As far as we were concerned, we paid the amount owing with each bill that we received every quarter.

When I've checked my credit file today, I have two accounts showing as open with NPower - one for gas, one for electricity but both opened in May 2016. Each account is showing three late payment markers which I am pretty p**sed about as when we paid the amounts, it was whatever was on the bill.

(I did try to post links to images but got accused of being a spammer...)

So my questions are:
    (1) Can they open two accounts on my credit file and apply two lots of late payment markers if I only have one account with them and receive a combined bill?
    (2) Do they have a reputation for being a bit s**t when it comes to stuff like this?
    (3) What is the best way to contact them (i.e. what do I need to ask for specifically) to understand how they've arrived at this decision so that I can look to challenge it?

We've now changed suppliers and are on DD, so this is just a bit of a pain to be dealing with now i'm no longer a customer.

Many thanks for your help!
    Originally posted by smb86

Hi smb86

Thanks for your post.

Had you notified us that you'd moved in and had you paid the bills before the date on the bills?

(1) We treat electricity and gas as two separate accounts, even when under a combined bill, so if a bill remains unpaid we'll report the balance owing under each fuel.

(2) I can't answer this but we will always do what we can to help put things right. We're regulated by the FCA and have strict guidelines on what we can/can't report on, and subsequently amend if a customer disputes this.

(3) We're happy to help if you can message us using the details on our profile page. We'll need your account or address details and any information regarding your credit file (dates/amounts). Mark the email as MSE in the subject header so we know where to refer back to.

Kind regards

Jess
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

305Posts Today

1,941Users online

Martin's Twitter