Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jansue
    • By jansue 20th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jansue
    Refused credit
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    Refused credit 20th Apr 17 at 5:44 PM
    Helping my friend I accessed this website to read about poor credit and getting a credit card. I did a soft search as it suggested and it offered cards for her to try...but she was refused. I then did an experian creditmatch and it gave her a fair score of 766 and again, some cards that she could try. We tried to apply for two and were refused at both again. I am worried now that we have added to her poor credit rating and wonder now what more can be done. I know she has a CCJ and although she thinks its over 12 months old, it might not be....I have told her to go and check, but also, she is not sure if it will show as 'satisfied' as she does not think she has contacted the court. What if she no longer has the paperwork. What are her options. I am trying to help but running out of ideas.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 20th Apr 17, 6:01 PM
    • 11,586 Posts
    • 11,582 Thanks
    zx81
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:01 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:01 PM
    All that appear are two searches.

Leave it for a few months before applying again. In the meantime, get copies of all three of her files and see what is on there. Ignore the scores, but post the information you see around defaults and CCJs.
    • john1002
    • By john1002 20th Apr 17, 6:04 PM
    • 813 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    john1002
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:04 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:04 PM
    As it stands she has applied for 3 so anymore and she is going to loose out on too many frequent searches.

She needs to hold off applying for any more, get all three credit files and see what is on there, if she has tried 3 of the credit builder cards there is not much more she can do, once she has filed maybe catalogue and mobile phone but you need to know her history not her score.

John
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 20th Apr 17, 6:31 PM
    • 23,662 Posts
    • 10,919 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:31 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:31 PM
    Three letters in original post explains exactly why she was refused C C J!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin