Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jimboy80
    • By Jimboy80 20th Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jimboy80
    Re
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:28 PM
    Re 20th Apr 17 at 5:28 PM
    Hello everyone, I'm new here so please be gentle, I've read through the sticky guide for newbies a few days ago, just looking for some reassurance really and to see if the appeal template is the one I should use. I took a day off work on the 6th of this month to take my son and his friend to the arcades at the bowling alleys in park royal near the vue cinema complex, when I returned to my van there was a ticket on the window, which gave the reason for the pcn as vehicle owner/driver left site which I was and still am furious about, as it's a totally bogus ticket. I emailed the bowling centre the following day then done some googling and found this place. I guess what I need to know is should I use the template for the appeal? The only evidence I have is the tickets my son won from the arcade machines which we save up. The reply from the manager of the bowling centre was very apologetic and offered any assistance they could give, I'm about to email him back and ask if they could send me cctv footage (which I doubt) or match the number on the tickets we won that day to the date. Thank in advance for any help. I was tempted to pay as I could do with out the stress of all this but they had absolutely no reason to give me the ticket and will have no evidence I left the site as I didn't. Thanks again Jim.
Page 1
    • Jimboy80
    • By Jimboy80 20th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jimboy80
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:30 PM
    Sorry about the title, pressed post by accident, still finding my way around.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Apr 17, 5:34 PM
    • 46,959 Posts
    • 60,322 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:34 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:34 PM
    I was tempted to pay as I could do with out the stress of all this
    Nononono! Don't do that! It's not that stressful. You are right that they have no evidence.

Which PPC infests this location?

If a BPA Member, send the BPA template appeal and you will win at POPLA.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    • 31,513 Posts
    • 15,528 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    Use edit then go advanced to change the title.

Use the template unchanged.(Keep on at the bowling centre to get it cancelled alongside following the newbies FAQ advice)
    Last edited by Quentin; 20-04-2017 at 5:37 PM.
    • Jimboy80
    • By Jimboy80 20th Apr 17, 8:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jimboy80
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:21 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:21 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, it's UKPC that issued the charge, they're clearly hiring pure scum or encouraging their staff to issue false tickets in the hope that more tickets equals more income. I will follow the advice in the newbie thread and await another reply from the bowling alley manager. It's not letting me edit my post for some reason, I'm thinking I've left it too long to edit maybe? Once again thankyou for the support, very much appreciated.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    • 46,959 Posts
    • 60,322 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:31 PM
    Not new for UKPC:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

this is news about them though:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5636330

You could add to the BPA template that you are aware of the winding up petition from HMRC and their propensity for faking evidence and consider their actions unprofessional and underhand. Then add: In this case it is completely untrue that the driver* left the site and as evidence, I attach copies of the tickets my son won from the arcade machines that day. I have complained to the Arcade about your conduct.

You may have to remove part of the template wording, the bit about signage could go, to make it fit in the UKPC appeal page.

BE CAREFUL because if you try putting int too many words in the appeal box, the 'registered keeper' drop-down choice you selected, defaults back to DRIVER and you MUST put it right again to registered keeper, before submitting the appeal.

*DO NOT SAY 'I' !!!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,912Posts Today

8,952Users online

Martin's Twitter