Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • r4vvm
    • By r4vvm 20th Apr 17, 3:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    r4vvm
    New Boiler install - what else is required
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:43 PM
    New Boiler install - what else is required 20th Apr 17 at 3:43 PM
    I have looking to get a new boiler installed, I am requesting the below items on the quote.
    I am not on a budget as I want to buy the best equipment/accessories is there anything else i should consider or add.

- Vaillant Eco tech plus 835
    - Manetic Filter Trappex
    - Vertical Flue
    - Nest Thermostat
    - Power Flush
    - Scale inhibitor
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 20th Apr 17, 3:56 PM
    • 3,671 Posts
    • 1,978 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:56 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:56 PM
    I have looking to get a new boiler installed, I am requesting the below items on the quote.
    I am not on a budget as I want to buy the best equipment/accessories is there anything else i should consider or add.

- Vaillant Eco tech plus 835
    - Manetic Filter Trappex
    - Vertical Flue
    - Nest Thermostat
    - Power Flush
    - Scale inhibitor
    Originally posted by r4vvm
    Hi - welcome to forum. Only an installer can provide advice when he has had a look at your system. For example, you might need a configuration change and the fitting of an automatic bypass valve.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 20th Apr 17, 4:40 PM
    • 7,489 Posts
    • 4,430 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:40 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:40 PM
    You may need new gas runs to comply with any regulation chnges since the current boiler was fitted.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 20th Apr 17, 4:46 PM
    • 7,489 Posts
    • 4,430 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:46 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:46 PM
    Do you really need a Nest, as you have chosen a combi boiler,which gives hot water on demand and a regular wi fi thermostat allows 5 temperature settings throughout the day, for weekdays and weekends separately?
    • sevenonine
    • By sevenonine 28th Apr 17, 10:08 AM
    • 110 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    sevenonine
    • 28th Apr 17, 10:08 AM
    • 28th Apr 17, 10:08 AM
    I would appreciate advice to my own post on 26 April 2017 re "quote for new boiler - advice required". Have I covered all items required in the installation, before I proceed to accept the quotation. Should I copy the process again?

I have been trying also to find out the registration of the company which has quoted - is this relevant? They claim to be operating for 35 years but GasSafe has not been able to confirm (from details I have given them of name and branches in SE England). Any help gratefully received.
    Last edited by sevenonine; 28-04-2017 at 10:09 AM. Reason: urgent advice needed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,924Posts Today

6,720Users online

Martin's Twitter