Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savetilibleed
    • By savetilibleed 20th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    • 1,320Posts
    • 319Thanks
    savetilibleed
    My Coupons from Sainsbury's closing 4th May 2017
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    My Coupons from Sainsbury's closing 4th May 2017 20th Apr 17 at 3:42 PM
    Just seen My Coupons from Sainsbury's closing 4th May 2017.
Page 1
    • madderrose
    • By madderrose 20th Apr 17, 7:17 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    madderrose
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:17 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:17 PM
    Just came on to see if there was a thread about this. I've not had an email from them but noticed the announcement on the site. Bit of a shame - I've done really well out of it and definitely spent at Sainsburys more as a result. I had no idea it was a "trial".
    • CAZBEAR
    • By CAZBEAR 20th Apr 17, 7:46 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 661 Thanks
    CAZBEAR
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:46 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:46 PM
    Been going a long time for a "trial".....just an excuse for cancelling something that is eating into shareholders profits imho !!
    Best headline ever on local paper??

"Weight loss group doubles in size"
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 21st Apr 17, 11:29 AM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 690 Thanks
    isasmurf
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:29 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:29 AM
    Its possibly the beginning of moving to SmartOffers which is currently being trialled in some Sussex stores.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    • 720 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    Sainsbury's My Coupons ending 6th May
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    Just got an email that the "trial" of My Coupons is ending on the 6th May and existing offers can be redeemed until then. They are giving 500 bonus points as a thank you for using it.

Its disappointing, but I don't think enough was done to promote it, if there was an app (similar to Waitrose PYO) I would have checked much more often and the extra points encouraged me to try different things. I only ever read about the service on here though.
    • Danceswithhorses
    • By Danceswithhorses 21st Apr 17, 11:39 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Danceswithhorses
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:39 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:39 AM
    Real shame - was very useful for point collecting.
    No new offers in my account for a couple of days
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 21st Apr 17, 12:21 PM
    • 2,422 Posts
    • 1,842 Thanks
    no1catman
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:21 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:21 PM
    Oh, dear, that sometimes made the trip worthwhile. Though not as it used to be. I remember when I had conditional spend vouchers for 6.00 off for a 40.00 spend, then mycoupon would give 1200 points for a 40.00 spend!!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • saver_sam
    • By saver_sam 21st Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 15,282 Thanks
    saver_sam
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    Pity - i found this really good for those extra points.

How does SmartOffers work & how does one sign up?
    • savetilibleed
    • By savetilibleed 21st Apr 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    savetilibleed
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:59 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:59 PM
    Just came on to see if there was a thread about this. I've not had an email from them but noticed the announcement on the site. Bit of a shame - I've done really well out of it and definitely spent at Sainsburys more as a result. I had no idea it was a "trial".
    Originally posted by madderrose
    "Trial" was news to me too. If you shop at stores regularly, you get coupons at the checkout, but if you don't you miss out. This was a way to get those offers by shopping online as we do more of now due to mobility situation. Sainsbury's has made Nectar less attractive in recent times, first by halving the number of points per pound. And now this.

Edit: Email arrived this morning. As a thank you for using My Coupons they'll be adding 500 Bonus points.
    Last edited by savetilibleed; 21-04-2017 at 1:11 PM. Reason: addition
    • NeverInDebt
    • By NeverInDebt 21st Apr 17, 1:45 PM
    • 2,551 Posts
    • 3,014 Thanks
    NeverInDebt
    I got email as well couldn't get extra points on shopping I did on Wednesday, I got a fair few extra points over past year as well
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 21st Apr 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 690 Thanks
    isasmurf
    Pity - i found this really good for those extra points.

How does SmartOffers work & how does one sign up?
    Originally posted by saver_sam
    SmartOffers is an app based service and is being trialled in Brighton and Heathfield (High Street) stores, Chichester, Crawley, East Grinstead, Horsham, Lewes Road, Littlehampton, Lyons Farm, Pulborough, Rustington, West Green, West Hove, Brighton (Carden Avenue Local), Brighton (Preston Road Local), Eastbourne (Victoria Drive Local), Hastings (Station Plaza Local), Haywards Heath, Brighton (North Street Local), and Brighton (Old Steine Local). The trial ends in July.

You download the SmartOffers app to your phone, register your nectar card and as you shop it pushes personalised offers to your phone via Bluetooth. You activate the offers you want and buy as normal. Points are credited within 28 days of the offer expiring.

http://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/stores/smartoffers-terms
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 21st Apr 17, 10:50 PM
    • 6,466 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    It's a pity. Over some weeks I had 5x Nectar points for spending 20 then I selected triple points on MC. So I got 300 points for spending 20.
    • rich_shot2003
    • By rich_shot2003 22nd Apr 17, 4:42 AM
    • 1,882 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    rich_shot2003
    Shame that its coming to a end and i very much doubt it will be back.

Not sure why but i get a feeling that maybe Sainsburys will end what they do with nectar sometime.

to me im getting less and less nectar vouchers in store this year and i shop every week.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 22nd Apr 17, 7:04 AM
    • 6,466 Posts
    • 11,843 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I'm the same with till spit vouchers (Catalina) don't seem to get many. Sometimes they give vouchers for spend x on clothing or household items - laundry, cleaning, dishes, paper towels etc and get Yp off a litre of fuel. Nine times of ten I get these when I don't need fuel. Other customers seem to get better ones for getting more for spending less. Mine is usually 8p off a litre when spending 15. Saw one customer handed a 800 point one (4) for spending 10. The maximum I save from the fuel is 2.88 - 36 litres.

My friends who work for Sainsburys say Nectar don't understand the term top up shop. If a customer spends 40 on their main shop and 10 on a top up shop in the week, their coupons are for 50 spend.

If you do get a 5x points coupon for spending x. If you scan it when not spent the amount, it will initially go through, but Nectar have every right to deduct these points as they can see you haven't spent the amount stated. More fool Nectar to accept them when customers not spent x.
    • savetilibleed
    • By savetilibleed 22nd Apr 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    savetilibleed
    My friends who work for Sainsburys say Nectar don't understand the term top up shop. If a customer spends 40 on their main shop and 10 on a top up shop in the week, their coupons are for 50 spend.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    That's because they want you to spend more on a main shop and still do a top up. Many of us do this even after a big online shop when you might have forgotten to order something or they don't deliver your item(s) as you opt for no substitute on some items. At the end of the day they want more money in their tills.
    Talking of online shopping with Sainsbury's, we used to get vouchers that can only be used in the physical shop. So annoying. This is where My Coupons was so useful.
    • JezR
    • By JezR 22nd Apr 17, 3:01 PM
    • 1,480 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    JezR
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Well today I got a till spit indicating I would get 150 points for spending 40 over a period, no matter how many visits required. Possibly noticed I rarely do any large shops in Sainsbury these days.
    • caeler
    • By caeler 22nd Apr 17, 8:53 PM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    caeler
    I'm disappointed too, didn't realise it was a trial! I didn't get a till spit today - first time in a while. Since nectar points reduced, my coupons was a good way to top up.
    MFW | Debt Free since 2009 | NSD Fan | LC
    • Gadgetmaster
    • By Gadgetmaster 23rd Apr 17, 9:01 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Gadgetmaster
    Sainsbury's My Coupons closing
    Sad to discover that Sainsbury's are closing their My Coupons offer on May 6. No vouchers being offered any more, but unused vouchers can be used until the closing date, unless they expire before then. Hope they bring something new out to replace this, as I obtained around 200 of extra points last year, on a weekly spend of only around 60.
    • JC_Derby
    • By JC_Derby 23rd Apr 17, 3:02 PM
    • 594 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    JC_Derby
    also miffed with this and the fact that nectar offers now are so based on purchasing insurance or the like.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,792Posts Today

7,208Users online

Martin's Twitter