Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blondegirl88
    • By blondegirl88 20th Apr 17, 3:11 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 9Thanks
    blondegirl88
    Declaring preexisting conditions for travel insurance
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:11 PM
    Declaring preexisting conditions for travel insurance 20th Apr 17 at 3:11 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have had a search online but can't anything definitive. How far back should you go when declaring medical conditions for travel insurance. I had depression in 2002 and was on antidepressants for 12mths and also got pnd after having my eldest child in 2012. I have been fine since. I have also got asthma and I am finding it hard to get travel insurance for my family due to my conditions when I declare the depression and asthma. Also there is no way to let them know that it is historical and not a current problem.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks,

Blondegirl88
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Apr 17, 3:26 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:26 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:26 PM
    When answering questions regarding ore existing medical conditions you should read the question and see how they ask.

Usually they ask if you "ever" had certain conditions, or specify a history period (12 months/5 years etc)

(Breathing problems and psychiatric problems do often come under the "ever" period.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

665Posts Today

6,168Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin