Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Newlifer17
    • By Newlifer17 20th Apr 17, 2:37 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 20Thanks
    Newlifer17
    best solution for dog wee smell
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:37 PM
    best solution for dog wee smell 20th Apr 17 at 2:37 PM
    Hi there
    I am going to be moving to a house with a yard in a few months and was wondering what you all use for cleaning the yard. I will be taking my dogs out regular but there will be times when they do go in the yard. Im gonna get an outside tap/hose installed but is there anything else to make it smell fresh and also dog friendly
    Thanks for any suggestions
    L
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 20th Apr 17, 2:45 PM
    • 3,854 Posts
    • 2,866 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:45 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:45 PM
    Hi there
    I am going to be moving to a house with a yard in a few months and was wondering what you all use for cleaning the yard. I will be taking my dogs out regular but there will be times when they do go in the yard. Im gonna get an outside tap/hose installed but is there anything else to make it smell fresh and also dog friendly
    Thanks for any suggestions
    L
    Originally posted by Newlifer17
    Mistral pet safe disinfectant

https://mistralie.co.uk/products/odourfresh-pet-disinfectant-premium

check internet for prices as sometimes available cheaper elsewhere.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 20th Apr 17, 7:05 PM
    • 8,506 Posts
    • 5,036 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:05 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:05 PM
    Mistral pet safe disinfectant

https://mistralie.co.uk/products/odourfresh-pet-disinfectant-premium

check internet for prices as sometimes available cheaper elsewhere.
    Originally posted by sheramber

I've just bought 4 X 5litres of FreshPet disinfectant cleaner for £20.99 delivered, via Amazon, yet one container costs £12.99.

The floral perfume is lovely;just like a flower shop , but their are lots of scents to choose. I also have baby powder (reminds me of Simple solution, which is good for carpets), lavender and pine.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 20th Apr 17, 9:49 PM
    • 15,283 Posts
    • 38,364 Thanks
    elsien
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:49 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:49 PM
    To be honest, I'd discourage them from using the yard. I only have a small yard and even when I sluiced it down with water straight away after each wee it got minging fairly quickly.
    Current dog won't toilet in the yard, so I just take him down the road instead. It's not that much more hassle.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 21st Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    • 8,506 Posts
    • 5,036 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 21st Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    To be honest, I'd discourage them from using the yard. I only have a small yard and even when I sluiced it down with water straight away after each wee it got minging fairly quickly.
    Current dog won't toilet in the yard, so I just take him down the road instead. It's not that much more hassle.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Surely it's better to clean up wee on your own premises than inflict the smell on someone else.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 21st Apr 17, 8:48 PM
    • 15,283 Posts
    • 38,364 Thanks
    elsien
    • 21st Apr 17, 8:48 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 8:48 PM
    My very small yard vs several huge patches of wasteland/grassy bits at the bottom of the road? It's not like I'm letting him wee up other people's gate posts or outside their houses. So not an issue, as far as I'm concerned.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Newlifer17
    • By Newlifer17 20th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Newlifer17
    • 20th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 20th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    After your recommendations I ordered some from Mistral and its fantastic so thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin