Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PWB
    • By PWB 20th Apr 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PWB
    Forgot to 'pay' for parking
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:25 PM
    Forgot to 'pay' for parking 20th Apr 17 at 2:25 PM
    My children have started a class at the local leisure centre and to get free parking you have to enter your car reg into a machine.

I have received a PCN because I must have either mistyped or forgot on this occasion to enter my details. I suppose in theory - I didn't 'pay'.

Any idea what my rights are? I think that an admin fee is reasonable but the full 60/100 for forgetting seems harsh to me.

PB
Page 1
    • paulstevens64
    • By paulstevens64 20th Apr 17, 3:05 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    paulstevens64
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:05 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:05 PM
    Hi, and welcome. Before the regular's get here.

I suggest you read the NEWBIES sticky at the top of the forum. This will provide you with a step by step guide as to what to do.

Basically; appeal using the correct template (there are only two), once rejected, then come back here for advice on your POPLA appeal (if that is your arbitration option) or wait and ignore for 6 years if non POPLA.
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 20th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 3,213 Posts
    • 4,641 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    Have you complained to the leisure centre manager? Don't get fobbed off by them. They should have the authority to get it cancelled.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

1,927Users online

Martin's Twitter