Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hayleycull
    • By hayleycull 20th Apr 17, 2:02 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hayleycull
    car accident no win no fee -advice needed
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:02 PM
    car accident no win no fee -advice needed 20th Apr 17 at 2:02 PM
    ADVICE WANTED PLEASE
    i am insured with 1st central-fully comp. last week a lady crashed into me and she immediately admitted liability. my car was taken for repair and i was given a coutesy car so all went smoothly. I was initially feeling fine after the accident but the last few days have been greatly suffering with neck and back pain. i saw my gp this morning for strong pain relief and she feels that i have whiplash. I have never claimed money for anything before and didnt intend to however i work as a nurse so i am aware how this injury may affect me. i have phoned my insurance company and they tell me i didnt pay the additional extra for legal cover so i am not covered to claim they directed me to their approved company-First Central Law. upon speaking to them i am told i can claim through them on a no win no fee basis and they take 25%.
    is this normal? any advice on what i should do?
    PLEASE dont think im out to make money-i have read previous threads so im well aware that this does happen.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    • 31,175 Posts
    • 15,165 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    25% is the maximum they can charge.

Google to see if you can find cheaper if you want to find a cheaper solicitor.

But now you have posted on a public forum like this beware any private messages you get from lurkers offering to act for you
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 20th Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    • 20,034 Posts
    • 12,339 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:14 PM
    By any chance did you take out the optional Legal Protection Cover with First Central?
    • OnanTheBarbarian
    • By OnanTheBarbarian 20th Apr 17, 7:07 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    OnanTheBarbarian
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:07 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:07 PM
    Such a shame that some clashes with some forum members results in this poster not being told where there is a free solution to her problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,652Posts Today

8,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Today's Twitter poll: Which of these professions would you trust most if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin