Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gettingready
    • By gettingready 20th Apr 17, 1:39 PM
    • 10,791Posts
    • 16,187Thanks
    gettingready
    Universal Credit and starting work
    • 20th Apr 17, 1:39 PM
    Universal Credit and starting work 20th Apr 17 at 1:39 PM
    Tried to google but not able to find answers so perhaps someone on here can help and /or provide links to relevant info?

If one claimed UC (including Housing element but CT claimed separately) for just over 6 months and starts a job that pays a salary that is over the amount which would continue even partial UC (so coming off UC completely).

1) Is there any help available to fill the gap between UC stopping and salary being paid (monthly pay)

2) Does the 4 week "run on" apply to UC (can not find info on that anywhere, only about reducing UC when one goes to work but as salary will be "to high" in this case that again does not apply)

3) Will UC pay for the partial month if one starts work before the UC month is up (seen somewhere that it will not).

4) What about CT reduction which is not included in UC but claimed separately?

Single adult, no dependants - if that matters

Bit of a minefield to be honest so thanks if anyone can shed any light?
    Last edited by gettingready; 20-04-2017 at 1:41 PM.
Page 1
    • gettingready
    • By gettingready 20th Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    • 10,791 Posts
    • 16,187 Thanks
    gettingready
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 4:27 PM
    What a joke - spoke to UC people and this is just mad. They do not pay anything that is even one day short of a full "qualifying period" which in my case is 3rd of one month to 2nd of another.

So - if I started new job on say 1st May ... I would NOT get any UC for 3rd April-2nd May. Nothing at all.

Absolutely insane.

Rubbish talk about "claim staying open for 6 months" - so what if no money at all? I guess anyone taking a low paid job will still be getting some percentage but if you are above the limit with salary - that is it.

And you still have to somehow make the transition from not working to working with all the extra expenses.

Just amazing...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,891Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter