Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bindat
    • By bindat 20th Apr 17, 11:24 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 4Thanks
    bindat
    Parking Attendent out to get shoppers
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:24 AM
    Parking Attendent out to get shoppers 20th Apr 17 at 11:24 AM
    Please could someone help me about a parking notice which I feel was unfairly and dishonesty I note from the parking notice the reason for demand for payment was because of not being parked wholly within the bay. There was NO! clear signage regarding any parking restrictions where I had parked my vehicle at the car park for the One Stop Shopping Centre in Perry Barr Birmingham. However I am really annoyed with the parking attendent,

After I parked my vehicle I met with the parking attendant. I asked what the parking restrictions were as I had not parked here before. He said no provided I did not exceeed my stay of 4 hours. However he said to me that 'he would get me'. I asked what he meant and he just laughed and smiled back. The next thing I know he gave a parking charge notice.

I have emailed Park Watch for an appeal but I wanted to contact the Management team of One Stop Shopping Centre. I cannot find any email addresss.

I hope someone can help as I am really upset that the parking attendant could have been helpful to someone who had not parked at the 'One Stop' location
    before. Surely the parking attendents should be open and honest????????????

I would be grateful for any advice as I don't hold much hope with the appeal process.
    Last edited by bindat; 21-04-2017 at 9:59 AM. Reason: Newbie - edited as too much hdetail
Page 1
    • AltheHibby
    • By AltheHibby 20th Apr 17, 12:06 PM
    • 665 Posts
    • 748 Thanks
    AltheHibby
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:06 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:06 PM
    First thing you need to know about this is that being helpful doesn't come to mind with them as helpfulness doesn't bring in money.

Please read the stickies at the top of the forum and then come back and ask questions about anything you don't understand. Our resident experts can then advise.

Finally, as the good book says, don't panic.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 20th Apr 17, 12:15 PM
    • 40,464 Posts
    • 80,848 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:15 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:15 PM
    In addition to following the process laid out in the NEWBIES, you should edit your post to remove all information about who did what, and remove the specific dates and times as well. The driver can be identified from that information.
    Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 20th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 7,756 Posts
    • 7,847 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:35 PM
    You need to get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum - which outlines the current situation with private parking and the effective strategies for fighting a ticket.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that any facts will greatly affect your situation - PPCs simply do not care - all they want is your money.

Its a pity you contacted them as you have likely identified yourself as the driver, given them your details for free and let them-off of the requirement to issue a POFA-compliant NTK which is a critical step that PPCs frequently fail to do. However you can still prevail if you follow the advice in the Sticky and other recent threads (last few months only) abut this car park.
    • bindat
    • By bindat 21st Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    bindat
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    Great news I have just had an email from Park Watch who have cancelled my parking notice!!!!!!!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Apr 17, 10:17 AM
    • 6,331 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:17 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:17 AM
    Great news I have just had an email from Park Watch who have cancelled my parking notice!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by bindat
    Great

Now, do tell all your friends about this forum and ask them to pass it on please
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    • 15,428 Posts
    • 24,124 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    Any reason they have given for the cancellation (or your best guess as to why they have done so)?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Apr 17, 11:49 PM
    • 51,452 Posts
    • 65,049 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:49 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:49 PM
    Right - good - so now report the actions of this employee to your MP, don't let this go.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• bindat
    • By bindat 22nd Apr 17, 10:05 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    bindat
    • 22nd Apr 17, 10:05 AM
    • 22nd Apr 17, 10:05 AM
    No reason why they decided to cancel the charge.
    It was a one sentence lined letter. I even rang Park Watch to check who as confirmed it had been cancelled.
    • bindat
    • By bindat 22nd Apr 17, 10:08 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    bindat
    I contacted my MP wanting to speak to her about this incident but she has never emailed me back.
    • Autolycus2000
    • By Autolycus2000 22nd Apr 17, 10:20 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Autolycus2000
    Try again. You may get a response this time now that his/her job is up for grabs in 7 weeks!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 22nd Apr 17, 10:42 AM
    • 6,331 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Complacency breeds contempt

Something many MP's practice and suffer with
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 22nd Apr 17, 11:52 PM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    safarmuk
    Unfortunately for MPs they are obliged to meet constituents one way or another.

MPs hold surgery's locally that you can get an appointment for and, I believe, you can actually demand to meet them in Westminster itself (need to check that).

In your case a further strongly worded email and a phone call are in order. Your MP needs to speak with you. I probably need to do the same with mine in the next 7 weeks, once I look into it I will try to post something here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,131Posts Today

6,496Users online

Martin's Twitter