Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • susieq87
    • By susieq87 20th Apr 17, 11:17 AM
    • 188Posts
    • 345Thanks
    susieq87
    Lost 0% offer but getting another offer
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:17 AM
    Lost 0% offer but getting another offer 20th Apr 17 at 11:17 AM
    Hello,

i just have a quick question and i am hoping the well informed people of MSE can help. I have a halifax credit card which i did a balance transfer on but unfortunately i went over the limit which means the offer of 0% interest was removed. i immediately got an MBNA CC which i have transferred the balance from Halifax but now halifax is showing some more balance transfer offers.

i have a lloyds credit card which i am paying interest on (little interest but interest nonetheless) so i was thinking i could transfer it to my halifax. my question is are these new halifax offers interest free even though i went over my limit voiding the original promotional offer?
    Don't sweat the small stuff
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 20th Apr 17, 12:06 PM
    • 12,507 Posts
    • 12,671 Thanks
    zx81
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:06 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:06 PM
    If the offer is 0% interest, then it will be 0% interest.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 20th Apr 17, 2:17 PM
    • 11,477 Posts
    • 7,771 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:17 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:17 PM
    Probably not: generally these offers come with a new card, and since you fairly recently opened a card account with them you would not be able to apply for another one until after at least six months. However, it is worth asking them...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

811Posts Today

7,074Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin