Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 20th Apr 17, 11:09 AM
    • 3,953Posts
    • 1,760Thanks
    aardvaak
    New Mail Messages
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:09 AM
    New Mail Messages 20th Apr 17 at 11:09 AM
    On my new laptop using Mail on Win.10 I keep getting alerts of new messages appearing on the desktop.

Can someone please tell me how to turn these off?
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 20th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,227 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:34 AM
    At a guess ... find the Mail icon in your System Tray (bottom right - you might need to click the arrow to expand it), right-click on it and see what options are provided ... you may be able to untick Show New Mail Desktop Alert or similar.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 20th Apr 17, 11:41 AM
    • 3,953 Posts
    • 1,760 Thanks
    aardvaak
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:41 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:41 AM
    At a guess ... find the Mail icon in your System Tray (bottom right - you might need to click the arrow to expand it), right-click on it and see what options are provided ... you may be able to untick Show New Mail Desktop Alert or similar.
    Originally posted by DoaM
    nothing in the system tray but on right clicking app. in start on says "Turn live tile off" - is this the one?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 20th Apr 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,227 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:54 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:54 AM
    I'm not on a W10 PC at the moment so I can't be sure, but I suspect that this is NOT the option you want - that option probably removes the Mail tile from the Start menu.

But it's amazing what a 10 second Google throws up.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-turn-and-customize-email-notifications-account-windows-10-mail-app
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,771Posts Today

8,222Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin