Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aubrey Thicket
    • By Aubrey Thicket 20th Apr 17, 10:27 AM
    • 146Posts
    • 43Thanks
    Aubrey Thicket
    BA Flight delayed 6 hours then cancelled. Initial advice please.
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:27 AM
    BA Flight delayed 6 hours then cancelled. Initial advice please. 20th Apr 17 at 10:27 AM
    Hi all

I have looked on this board and I have noticed the thread referring to flight delays & cancellations BA ONLY. However, it is necessary to subscribe to that thread and at this time I am just after some basic starting advice (before I write to BA). I would be grateful if you guys can give me some advice with regard to our experiences:

I will try to be as concise as I can:

We are a family of 4:

We had a flight booked from Heathrow to Madrid (Booked it with BA but flight was operated by Iberia) and then the plan was that when that landed in Madrid we had a 2 hour lay over there in Madrid before we took the next flight from Madrid to Miami (again, booked with BA but operated by Iberia). Subsequently, flight 1 (Heathrow to Madrid) was delayed by 6 hours and then cancelled. That meant we missed the connecting flight (flight 2) from Madrid to Miami. BA Agreed to give us another flight (7 hours later after the cancellation) from Heathrow to New York. Then the day after from New York to Miami. This is what we did.

So, initially, given the that the rules on flight delays/cancellations change frequently, what are my rights as I stand now? This is before I write to BA.

Thanks all
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 20th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    • 18,107 Posts
    • 7,435 Thanks
    richardw
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    Don't write to BA, it wasn't a a BA flight, they weren't the operating air carrier, Iberia was.

Please read Vauban's guide.

Iberia are very difficult to deal with, have a browse of bottonline's website.
    Last edited by richardw; 20-04-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,769Posts Today

7,398Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin