Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • treliac
    • By treliac 20th Apr 17, 10:07 AM
    • 4,319Posts
    • 13,944Thanks
    treliac
    Bank account missing
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:07 AM
    Bank account missing 20th Apr 17 at 10:07 AM
    My credit score information does not take into consideration my current bank account, into which my regular income goes. Despite this my score seems ok though I don't know how, nor how it would appear that I am able to pay my bills since I do not appear to have any income to pay them with!

When I enquired why my current account, and therefore my income, is not included in my credit reports, I was informed that credit agencies cannot access information on accounts that have been opened earlier than five or six years ago. There is apparently nothing that can be done about this.

So my question is why can't credit agencies access information on accounts I have notified them of as otherwise credit reports are not based on accurate information which could make them pretty pointless?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 20th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 11,168 Posts
    • 11,130 Thanks
    zx81
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • Not all accounts get reported.
    • Not all accounts have your permission to report.
    • A current account will have minimal impact on establishing your credit worthiness.
    • Income is not reported.
    • Your credit score is meaningless.
    • Marcon
    • By Marcon 20th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Marcon
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:53 AM
    If you're that bothered, close your current account and open another one (although doing so may impact on your credit rating!).
    • stclair
    • By stclair 20th Apr 17, 10:58 AM
    • 6,268 Posts
    • 3,353 Thanks
    stclair
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:58 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:58 AM
    Which bank? and when was the account opened?
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
    • treliac
    • By treliac 20th Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    • 4,319 Posts
    • 13,944 Thanks
    treliac
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    Thanks all. If it's irrelevant I shall not bother. I thought that potential lenders would want evidence of income, financial stability and ability to pay that would be evidenced from management of a person's current bank account. If that's not the case fair enough.
    • treliac
    • By treliac 20th Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    • 4,319 Posts
    • 13,944 Thanks
    treliac
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    Which bank? and when was the account opened?
    Originally posted by stclair

A high street bank and opened c. 30 years ago.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Apr 17, 11:38 AM
    • 28,943 Posts
    • 18,283 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:38 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:38 AM
    Thanks all. If it's irrelevant I shall not bother. I thought that potential lenders would want evidence of income, financial stability and ability to pay that would be evidenced from management of a person's current bank account. If that's not the case fair enough.
    Originally posted by treliac
    Lenders get the income from what you put on the application and from bank statements if they are requested.

If you have green ticks or good marks for mobile, utilities, other contracts then it shows your good at money management.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • bengal-stripe
    • By bengal-stripe 20th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 3,104 Posts
    • 1,990 Thanks
    bengal-stripe
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    I thought that potential lenders would want evidence of income, financial stability and ability to pay that would be evidenced from management of a person's current bank account.
    Originally posted by treliac
    Any current account (that gets reported) and is not overdrawn will only be reported as 'Balance 0', which means the account is in credit.

But nobody will see, whether the account is in credit with 50p or 50k.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

68Posts Today

2,957Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin