Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kjg1994
    • By kjg1994 20th Apr 17, 8:52 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kjg1994
    Request for Drivers Details
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:52 AM
    Request for Drivers Details 20th Apr 17 at 8:52 AM
    I need some advice....

I received a parking ticket on 17th February in a car park run by UKPC LTD. Following the advice of the newbies thread I copied and pasted the letter template on to the website after the recommended amount of time and named myself as the keeper of the vehicle.

Yesterday I received a reply requesting the full name and address of the driver in order for them to 'make a final decision' regarding my appeal.

As I've previously read, I am under the impression that I shouldn't give out this information, so just wondered what to do next?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 20th Apr 17, 8:58 AM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    waamo
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:58 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:58 AM
    They are trying to trick you into giving information they want away. You are appealing as the keeper as is your legal right. That is all the information they need or are entitled too.
    This space for hire.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 20th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    • 1,897 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    nigelbb
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:06 AM
    As waamo says the parking weasels are trying to trick you into naming the driver.

The good news is that as the parking event was on 17th February they had until 15th April to deliver a valid Notice To Keeper so it is now too late to hold the keeper responsible for unpaid parking charges incurred by the driver.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 20th Apr 17, 9:20 AM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    waamo
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:20 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:20 AM
    As waamo says the parking weasels are trying to trick you into naming the driver.

The good news is that as the parking event was on 17th February they had until 15th April to deliver a valid Notice To Keeper so it is now too late to hold the keeper responsible for unpaid parking charges incurred by the driver.
    Originally posted by nigelbb
    I bet they are well aware of the dates and so want the name of the driver. Lack of POFA compliance should see an easy win at POPLA.

Write back and tell them they have all the information they need to process an appeal. Don't forget your free proof of posting.

I have a sneaky feeling they won't get that letter and then turn down the appeal as information wasn't received. Or am I being a little cynical?

That's why it's good to have a paper trail.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Apr 17, 9:34 AM
    • 12,174 Posts
    • 18,592 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:34 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:34 AM
    This is standard UKPC practice - happens very frequently. Just ignore their request and around day 35 from the date of your initial appeal, you will get a rejection and a POPLA code.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 20th Apr 17, 9:57 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:57 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:57 AM
    String it out for as long as you can. UKPC are subject to a winding up petition. If they cease trading and the assets and liabilities are not bought and properly assigned, this may quietly die a death....

Do not assume that this will be the case. The forum is your friend (see separate thread).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,619Posts Today

8,579Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Today's Twitter poll: Which of these professions would you trust most if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin