Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luke123456
    • By luke123456 20th Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    • 316Posts
    • 112Thanks
    luke123456
    Parking Eye in Hospital
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:40 AM
    Parking Eye in Hospital 20th Apr 17 at 8:40 AM
    Hi

I was driving a passenger with a disabled badge. We stopped in the parking bays 'Drop Off & Blue Badge' outside the Royal Free Hospital in London.

I submitted my informal appeal stating that the vehicle had a disabled badge on display and asking PE to cancel it or I will appeal to PALS.

I received a reply on Easter Monday! At 7am! Obviously it was a generic reply with the letter attached again very generalised and automated!

Shall I appeal to POPLA on that basis and also right to PALS?

Much appreciated!
Page 5
    • luke123456
    • By luke123456 18th May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    luke123456
    Hi Dadsma

Thanks for your message, sorry just seen this now

I submitted my POPLA appeal on Sunday night, I didn't see C-M's post about asking me to post the appeal with images. I didn't want to miss the deadline.
    • dadsma
    • By dadsma 18th May 17, 9:22 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    dadsma
    Oh OP, You had at least another 3 days to submit the appeal. I hope you haven't compromised your chances by submitting before necessary and missing out on the opportunity for the forum to help refine and focus the most likely points for a win.

As a minimum I hope you removed the outdated and irrelevant points and re- numbered the remaining ones as advised.

POPLA will inform you whether PE decide not to contest the appeal, in which case you win by default, as happened to me recently. Otherwise PE will send evidence to POPLA and a copy should be sent to you for your comments and challenge to be taken into account before the adjudication decision is made. If that happens please come back here for advice.

As a second possibility for cancellation you can also escalate your complaint to the hospital as advised, especially as it involves a blue badge holder. Their response so far has been disgusting.

Good luck and please keep us informed.
    Last edited by dadsma; 20-05-2017 at 1:46 AM.
    • luke123456
    • By luke123456 20th May 17, 12:21 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    luke123456
    Yes I did number as correctly advised and removed the irrelevant points

I added the photos also and made them more relevant as poor lighting at night also...

Will keep you posted!!
    • luke123456
    • By luke123456 3rd Jun 17, 10:41 AM
    • 316 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    luke123456
    RESULT:

Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Thanks to everyone that helped and a bit thanks to Dadsma, couldn't have done it without all your help. Cheers once again!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jun 17, 2:37 PM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Great news! Another one bites the dust!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,426Posts Today

6,975Users online

Martin's Twitter