Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sicard
    • By Sicard 20th Apr 17, 8:05 AM
    • 674Posts
    • 589Thanks
    Sicard
    Divorce consent order
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:05 AM
    Divorce consent order 20th Apr 17 at 8:05 AM
    A friend of mine is getting divorced with no contesting on either side. Each party has assets but have amicably agreed not to pursue. He lives in a European EU country and she's in the UK but will return to her native Kenya afterwards.

Presumably each party will have to reveal their assets for the order to be agreed. What happens if either party doesn't own up to some assets with the probable possibility that neither would find out because of loss of contact? For example she may have deposits in Kenya and he may have in his country. Is it illegal?
    Am proud I only have one sourpuss on my ignore list
Page 1
    • Finst
    • By Finst 20th Apr 17, 2:21 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    Finst
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:21 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 2:21 PM
    My understanding is that its not "illegal" in the sense that its not a specific criminal offence, but doing so would void the consent order and allow the other party to go after more money.
    • Sicard
    • By Sicard 21st Apr 17, 8:33 AM
    • 674 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Sicard
    • 21st Apr 17, 8:33 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 8:33 AM
    Thanks, that's what I thought.
    Am proud I only have one sourpuss on my ignore list
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin