Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 20th Apr 17, 6:15 AM
    • 2,692Posts
    • 35,736Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Thursday 20 April 2017
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:15 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 20 April 2017 20th Apr 17 at 6:15 AM
    O/S Daily Thursday 20 April 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, dry but cloudy.

DH up and gone to work early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. Tonight will be sausage, egg, beans and chips - a bit the same but the sausages and eggs need using up - I don't think the boys will use them and we're not taking anything fresh with us as we have overnight stop before we get to our final destination, and there's big SM's where we are going. I have no wish to be taking eggs over 500 miles in the car when there's no need! On to today .....

I have all the normal jobs to do, I'll be heading into town this morning to visit the bank and building society, then I have a nail appointment so I have nice nails for my hols. I then have all the normal washing, drying and ironing to do, as well as packing etc, but its not so bad as it's only me and DH that's going. I'll be doing some food shopping too for the boys.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 20-04-2017 at 6:27 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 20th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 15,554 Thanks
    dumpling
    Happy Birthday LameWolf, hope you have an amazing day and Maxy-moo sends you a big slurrrrp xxxxx
    January GC £440.95/£450
    February GC £710/£440
    April GC £433/£500
    • Judi
    • By Judi 20th Apr 17, 3:29 PM
    • 14,451 Posts
    • 56,981 Thanks
    Judi
    Happy birthday Lamewolf!
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 20th Apr 17, 3:32 PM
    • 3,386 Posts
    • 30,908 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Happy Birthday Lamewolf
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

April GC £300/£347.00
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 20th Apr 17, 3:32 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 1,634 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Lamewolf Happy Birthday
    TA hope all goes well today and I hope you enjoyed your lunch out.
    JackieO did I hear you mention lemon drizzle cake ? If there's any spare could you send some my way ( cos I do love drizzle cake . )
    Have just come back from the caravan and managed to do everything that we wanted today, the weather was dry with lots of grey clouds but at least the rain stayed away.
    DD phoned while we were there to say that DGD has chicken pox . She was very grizzly on Sunday when she was here, so now we know why.
    Tea today will be bacon, eggs etc with the rest of mushrooms, leftover from yesterday.
    Hugs to all those who need or want them.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 20th Apr 17, 4:30 PM
    • 2,785 Posts
    • 32,437 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Happy birthday LW
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 20th Apr 17, 4:34 PM
    • 5,256 Posts
    • 29,281 Thanks
    Gers
    for Lamewolf - hope you have a lovely omlette.

My day has been peaceful. Three students didn't turn up, unusually, so the remainder just got on with their work without any nonsense. I bought myself a ready lunch at the local cafe and brought it home. The woodburner was still alight when I got home so I banked it up, ate my lunch and then lay on the sofa to watch Fantastic Beasts, been trying to do that for ages.

My friends are still out. Two of the 'children' stayed over last night though I didn't hear them come in. The oldest boy really misses his sister who is away at uni so he wanted some time with her. The youngest boy is at that pre-teen annoying stage so I think he also wanted a bit of respite!

This evening we'll all get together I expect. Meanwhile I'm enjoying some quiet time.
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 20th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 1,457 Posts
    • 12,789 Thanks
    csarina2
    Apart from the last minute things we are almost ready. This morning was not easy. I left myself too much cooking to do, but its done and everything is either in tins or in the freezer ready to go. I just have to take everything out of the freezer in the morning and put it in the freezer box, and away we go after an early lunch. I am hoping to get the bed linen dry before we go, otherwise it will be on the airer.

We went over to see our friends, they had some bad news a little boy they know has cancer in his hip bone, not on the bone but in it. I feel so sad for his parents, he was having an op yesterday, I hope the outcome is positive, but I have my doubts.

Toad in the hole is in the oven, veggies on, need to get OH in, he has just finished cutting the grass at the front.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 20th Apr 17, 6:35 PM
    • 3,260 Posts
    • 36,968 Thanks
    camelot1001
    Happy Birthday to you Lamewolf, hope you've had a lovely day.
    • redruby
    • By redruby 20th Apr 17, 7:27 PM
    • 6,278 Posts
    • 86,550 Thanks
    redruby
    Happy Birthday lamewolf lots of love and a big kiss from Evie xx
    • whiteguineapig
    • By whiteguineapig 20th Apr 17, 7:39 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 3,785 Thanks
    whiteguineapig
    bit late but happy birthday lame wolf
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 20th Apr 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 14,067 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Happy Birthday Lamewolf loads of love especially from Rosie and Tilly x
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 20th Apr 17, 7:42 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 10,212 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Happy Birthday Lame Wolf, hope you have been having a lovely day.

Snoozer, I think you might be right about the stoppeth one of three but one of three whats? Perhaps I am more of a barnacle, clinging on. Today I discovered that we have not one but three women going off on maternity leave too, one I knew about, one person I had noticed but she hadn't announced it so I dis not feel it appropriate to ask, and the other I have not seen for a while. So we are going to struggle and it will be all hands to the pump, yet another nautical saying. Apparently there is a chair that we are not to sit on but I can because of being pretty unlikely to become pregnant being nearly 66 and having had a hysterectomy many years ago.
    At the risk of being unacceptably crude, the stoppeth one of three seems not to have worked at my office ahem
    Speky, I have a very old Dyson and it is very good. I also have a vax which I bought for its lightness and having a big motor and it is pretty useless. I had an old one, about third hand and it was good, eventually it died and I had not realised how poorly the new one woukd compare. So for me, Dyson all the way. The only downside is seeing the amount of muck it gets out if your carpet, even if you Hoover like a person possessed every day (I did this as an experiment ) (not for long though)
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 20th Apr 17, 9:11 PM
    • 4,871 Posts
    • 46,852 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Happy birthday LW......hope that you enjoyed your dinner.

DD4 and OH are going away tomorrow for 2 nights in an hotel which she won in a phone in quiz.........DD1 is looking after C and M, they are taking E (8 months) with them as she refuses to have milk any other way than direct from Mammy......over the last 6 weeks DD4 has tried bottle, sippi cup and glass......she will have water from any receptacle but milk she spits straight out!

JackieO......enjoy your holiday, early start is a good idea, we used to leave at 5am when the children were little and we were going 250 miles......in those days there were no places to stop for breakfast en route, it was a military operation packing 7 youngsters and all their accoutrements for 3 weeks!

Csarina.......please rest while you are away and enjoy your break.

Dumpling.....you have improved so much, so glad that you have been able to help DD.....hopefully today is just a hiccup for her.

Take care everyone

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
    • RosyRed
    • By RosyRed 20th Apr 17, 9:30 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 18,898 Thanks
    RosyRed
    Just sending late Birthday wishes & a big slobbery cuddle from Ly1a to LW,hope you've had a nice day,& and I don't blame you for not cooking on your birthday
    'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
    • topsyturphy
    • By topsyturphy 20th Apr 17, 10:23 PM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 9,576 Thanks
    topsyturphy
    Happy Belated Birthday to LW.
    • cliffsgirl
    • By cliffsgirl 20th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 638 Thanks
    cliffsgirl
    Happy birthday lamewolf and my Lhasa apso pixie sends you birthday licks x
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 21st Apr 17, 6:58 AM
    • 14,660 Posts
    • 116,356 Thanks
    JackieO
    Belated but Happy Birthday wishes lamewolf I hope you had a great day

JackieO xx
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    New food budget £60.00 for May
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

676Posts Today

6,429Users online

Martin's Twitter