Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bigmatt0811
    • By Bigmatt0811 19th Apr 17, 11:50 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bigmatt0811
    PCN & Loan Car From Dealership
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:50 PM
    PCN & Loan Car From Dealership 19th Apr 17 at 11:50 PM
    Evening All

Today a PCN has been issued on a car that is currently on loan from our local dealership as one of our cars is in for some work.

I have read the asterix point on lease car/hire car and was wondering do I follow the same process, and wait or appeal now?

We are not sure how long we will have the loan car (possibly only a day or two more). This was a windscreen PCN issued via Excel Parking Services, who I believe are a IPC member so the appeal time is before 21 days (as per the newbie FAQ's).

Do we inform the dealership (Mini) when we pick up our own car that the PCN was issued and explain we are contesting it and not to pay any charges/fees on our behalf as we are not willing to pay, but to forward our details on to Excel as the hirer/loanee??

I also believe that the claim for the PCN is very dubious as it is for parking in a prohibited/restricted area and the photos (their own evidence) does not show any restricted area.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Matt
Page 1
    • Bigmatt0811
    • By Bigmatt0811 20th Apr 17, 7:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bigmatt0811
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:51 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:51 PM
    Just a quick update - the car has gone back to the Mini dealership today - told them about the PCN and once Excel contact them (post appeal) to forward our details are the people who were responsible for the car at the time. Made sure I didn't say who was driving in case inadvertently they passed that on!!

So just need to put the appeal in - please any advice when to do this would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Matt
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    • 45,011 Posts
    • 57,621 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    I would appeal now, in case the car is actually on lease or some idiot gets the nTK and pays it anyway, regardless of what you said.

Appeal saying this is a loan car and you were the hirer/lessee as defined in the POFA. Use the usual template after that (removing 'I am the registered keeper' of course).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Bigmatt0811
    • By Bigmatt0811 21st Apr 17, 12:00 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bigmatt0811
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:00 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 12:00 AM
    Cheers Coupon-Mad - will get onto this tomorrow when I get back from work!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,644Posts Today

6,209Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Off to Torremolinos? I'm filming my roadshow there next Fri 28th during the day then in Branigans at 5pm. Want to come? Let @itvmlshow know

• Follow Martin