IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN & Loan Car From Dealership

Evening All

Today a PCN has been issued on a car that is currently on loan from our local dealership as one of our cars is in for some work.

I have read the asterix point on lease car/hire car and was wondering do I follow the same process, and wait or appeal now?

We are not sure how long we will have the loan car (possibly only a day or two more). This was a windscreen PCN issued via Excel Parking Services, who I believe are a IPC member so the appeal time is before 21 days (as per the newbie FAQ's).

Do we inform the dealership (Mini) when we pick up our own car that the PCN was issued and explain we are contesting it and not to pay any charges/fees on our behalf as we are not willing to pay, but to forward our details on to Excel as the hirer/loanee??

I also believe that the claim for the PCN is very dubious as it is for parking in a prohibited/restricted area and the photos (their own evidence) does not show any restricted area.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

Comments

• Just a quick update - the car has gone back to the Mini dealership today - told them about the PCN and once Excel contact them (post appeal) to forward our details are the people who were responsible for the car at the time. Made sure I didn't say who was driving in case inadvertently they passed that on!!

So just need to put the appeal in - please any advice when to do this would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Matt
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 May 2017 at 11:04PM
    I would appeal now, in case the car is actually on lease or some idiot gets the NTK and pays it anyway, regardless of what you said.

Appeal saying this is a loan car and you were the hirer/lessee as defined in the POFA. Use the usual template after that (removing 'I am the registered keeper' of course).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Cheers Coupon-Mad - will get onto this tomorrow when I get back from work!!!
  • Appeal gone in this morning - lets see how this pans out!!!

:-)
  • Bigmatt0811
    Bigmatt0811 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi again!

Have had a response but am struggling to put the text in a reply as it is saying it has links in it! There was one originally but have taken that out and took the text to Word and there are no links left, so forgive if there are a number of replies as I may need to add a few to get all the text in!!!

It appears they are only willing to look at the appeal if I disclose who the driver was - I have notified them who the hirer was at the time of the PCN, but this is their response.
    Do I still not give them the info - how do I proceed from here? Any guidance greatly appreciated!!!!
  • Bigmatt0811
    RESPONSE
    We refer to your correspondence received in connection with the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
    Please note that we operate to the International Parking Comunity's (IPC) Accredited Operator Scheme. As members of the IPC, it is necessary for us to evidence to the IPC that we have relevant authority to undertake enforcement activity at the site concerned and that our signs in situ are compliant in setting out the relevant terms and conditions of use. We will only answer pertinent points at this stage.
    Please note that responsibility for this PCN lies with the driver of the vehicle at the time the parking contravention was observed. However, we are unable to ascertain who the driver was from the information given within your appeal.
  • Bigmatt0811
    In order for us to process your appeal correctly, please follow the instructions below.
    The following options are available:

1. Notify the driver of the vehicle that they will need to appeal to us directly, including their FULL NAME (Forename and Surname) and a valid FULL SERVICEABLE ADDRESS within 14 days.

2. If you are representing the driver we require a signed and dated statement from the driver of the vehicle confirming that you are authorised to appeal on his/her behalf. This statement MUST contain the drivers FULL NAME (Forename and Surname) and a valid FULL SERVICEABLE ADDRESS. This needs to be an original signature and not a photocopy or a stamp.

3. Pay the PCN. Payments can be made online myparkingchargecouk by following the "Pay Now", or over the phone by calling 0845 226 9138 by using a valid Credit or Debit Card. (If paying by Credit Card a surcharge of £1.00 will apply).
  • Bigmatt0811
    At present, the required payment of £60 is outstanding and payment is to be made by 23 MAY 2017.

If the payment is not received by this date the amount payable will revert to £100 payable. Failure to comply may result in the issue of court proceedings whereby further costs will be incurred. As a gesture of good-will, we have placed the case file on hold for an additional 14 Days to enable the above mentioned actions to be administered.

If we receive either no payment or further communication by 23 MAY 2017 the right to appeal may be lost and the charge will revert to the original (nondiscounted) rate.

Yours sincerely,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Send an email complaint to David Dunford at the DVLA that this PPC is stating to appellants that consideration of appeals is conditional upon receiving the driver's name and address (show him what you have received, attached to your email):

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Do as C-m says, but do not reveal the driver's identity to anyone. Not even a judge can force you to do that.

Complain to your MP, Mrs May, an Andrew Jones MP about this sharp practice and tell them your vote is dependent on their response. ;)

Also complain to the landowner where the ticket originated and tell them about the disgraceful actions of the parking scammers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business