Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • petere123
    • By petere123 19th Apr 17, 7:33 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 3Thanks
    petere123
    POPLA appeal; link to Parking Eye's generic 80 page "Evidence"
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:33 PM
    POPLA appeal; link to Parking Eye's generic 80 page "Evidence" 19th Apr 17 at 7:33 PM
    scribd.com/document/346041704/Parking-Eye-Generic-Nonsense-Evidence

hello folks,

Submitted detailed points on 4 pages to POPLA, based on technical/legal argument found here.
    Medical evidence (unintended long sleep from anaemia/exhaustion) in 1st appeal did ID me as driver. I didn't bother referring to this evidence in POPLA appeal.

POPLA have now shared the generic nonsense submitted by parking operator .
    Should I comment to point out the irrelevance of their "evidence" ?
    POPLA letter states "Comments required"

Should i comment or leave it alone?. Got 7 days
    Thanks for any advice !.
    Last edited by petere123; 23-04-2017 at 5:36 PM.
Page 1
    • pould
    • By pould 20th Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    pould
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:22 AM
    Since we don't know what evidence the operator has shared, how can any of us tell you how to respond?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 20th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    • 1,078 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    waamo
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    Yes you should refute the operators evidence. As above without seeing any of it that's as much advice anyone can give.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Apr 17, 10:47 AM
    • 12,162 Posts
    • 18,572 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:47 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:47 AM
    You need to go through it point by point and rebut anything and everything that is disputed (and why it is disputed) and/or anything that is plainly wrong.

A catch-all generic statement like 'I dispute this parking company's evidence' will not do.

Please note that you cannot introduce new appeal points not already included in your original POPLA appeal.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • petere123
    • By petere123 23rd Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    petere123
    • 23rd Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    Thanks folks, especially your response Umkomaas.

Attached is Parking Eye "Evidence" for my POPLA appeal.
    Might be helpful to someone, or you may want to comment, as I've been invited to 'provide comments' to POPLA.
    Obviously a generic response, mainly proof of signage, statement on Anpr credibility etc, rather than addressing any of my 9 appeal points.

80 page document, personal details removed.
    50% is photos of signage, site layout etc
    Last edited by petere123; 23-04-2017 at 5:34 PM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 23rd Apr 17, 5:45 PM
    • 38,500 Posts
    • 76,937 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 23rd Apr 17, 5:45 PM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 5:45 PM
    Thanks folks, especially your response Umkomaas.

Attached is Parking Eye "Evidence" for my POPLA appeal.
    Might be helpful to someone, or you may want to comment, as I've been invited to 'provide comments' to POPLA.
    Obviously a generic response, mainly proof of signage, statement on Anpr credibility etc, rather than addressing any of my 9 appeal points.

80 page document, personal details removed.
    50% is photos of signage, site layout etc
    Originally posted by petere123
    As above, you need to rubbish each and every point they make, and strengthen/re-iterate your original appeal points at the same time. In addition, if your original appeal points have not been addressed you should point out that since they have not been rebutted by parking lie, the assessor must conclude that your point is valid and therefore allow the appeal.

http://scribd.com/document/346041704/Parking-Eye-Generic-Nonsense-Evidence

A lot of that document appears blank when I try to view it.

We really need to know what you put in your initial appeal, what you put in you PoPLA appeal, and what parking lie have said in their rebuttal in order to comment. Since I can't see any of that information I can't help you. If others can see it they may be able to help.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 23-04-2017 at 5:52 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • petere123
    • By petere123 23rd Apr 17, 5:50 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    petere123
    • 23rd Apr 17, 5:50 PM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 5:50 PM
    RE: "point out that since they have not been rebutted by parking lie, the assessor must conclude that your point is valid"

Great, that's very helpful. Thanks Fruitcake
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Apr 17, 11:15 PM
    • 45,085 Posts
    • 57,704 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 23rd Apr 17, 11:15 PM
    • 23rd Apr 17, 11:15 PM
    David Newman is not a 'Parking Administrator' for Welcome Break, he is a Business Development Manager - why would he sign with a different job title?:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dave-newman-453597109

In this case he signed as Business Development Manager so why would he change it:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71485385

So who has really signed that so-called Witness Statement? It is in any case, overwritten/overlaid so as to be illegible.

The so-called Witness Statement fails to identify the vehicle nor even the date, let alone the parking event - it actually says the parking event was 'between 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2017'. What? WHAT?

None of the photos prove that they were taken on the Northbound side of this location nor even that these signs are at this location at all. Even if it is this location (who knows) the only dated photos are from 2014.

One photo provided by PE states that the tariff is £11 for 2 - 24 hours, whilst others conflict with that. Is POPLA supposed to guess which is right, where this location is, what the tariff is and which signs actually exist in 2017?

The photos later in the desperate 80 pages of generic 'evidence' purporting to add a pay-by-phone option are deliberately undated - why?

Finally, they have stated wrongly that ‘Evidence G’ shows ‘a system generated printout showing that the VRN does not appear on the date of the event’. Evidence G is nothing of the sort, it’s a blank (with no location nor date) white list look-up. This merely checks if a VRN is on an exempt list of staff vehicles - but where? For all I or the POPLA Assessor know this could be a search for my VRN at a Hotel in Scotland on Christmas Day 2014...a site code tells us nothing. This could be any Services or Hotel.

This enormous evidence pack is no evidence at all of the signage, nor authority from the landowner re THIS parking event, nor even any evidence at all that the VRN was looked up for the right day at the right location.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 23-04-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• petere123
    • By petere123 24th Apr 17, 12:19 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    petere123
    • 24th Apr 17, 12:19 AM
    • 24th Apr 17, 12:19 AM
    Thanks CouponMad; a huge help in addition to addressing their failure to address my 9 substantive points for appeal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Apr 17, 1:20 AM
    • 45,085 Posts
    • 57,704 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Email that to POPLA if it doesn't fit in the POPLA portal and ask them to confirm the Assessor will read your comments before making a decision.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 24th Apr 17, 11:04 AM
    • 6,277 Posts
    • 5,101 Thanks
    The Deep
    They seem confused as to how much the parking costs. Some signs say 2-24 hours £12, some 2-6 hours £5.00 another 2-24 hours £11.

Also, that raft of T&Cs is surely unreadable. Count the words and measure the size of the print Do they honestly expect everyone who parks there to read it?

They seem to have shot themselves in the foot.
    Last edited by The Deep; Yesterday at 11:09 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • petere123
    • By petere123 24th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    petere123

A lot of document appears blank.
    We really need to know what you put in your initial appeal, what you put in you PoPLA appeal, and what parking lie have said in their rebuttal in order to comment
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Blanked out personal info, letters from Parking Eye, photos of reg number etc. Could only delete text, not pages.

POPLA appeal letter here
    scribd.com/document/346142935/POPLA-appeal-Charnock-Richard-North[/url]

Original appeal to PE was on medical grounds (pernicious anaemia & neurological meds mean episodes of unpredictable exhaustion).
    Slept at services for 2+hrs without ever leaving car.
    Provided proof of meds, medical condition etc, which by default identified me as driver. PE rejected appeal as "didn't buy a ticket".
    Last edited by petere123; Yesterday at 12:49 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Apr 17, 8:38 PM
    • 45,085 Posts
    • 57,704 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, so get that rebuttal in and show up to POPLA, all the holes in this pile of old tripe they've filed.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

15Posts Today

3,968Users online

Martin's Twitter