Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sulphate
    • By sulphate 19th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    • 1,051Posts
    • 3,058Thanks
    sulphate
    EA can't get hold of our buyer
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:40 PM
    EA can't get hold of our buyer 19th Apr 17 at 6:40 PM
    We accepted an offer on our house at the beginning of March from a first time buyer who had the survey done within a couple of weeks. She was unwilling to instruct a solicitor until the chain was complete which is fair enough, we found a house with no chain and had our offer accepted on 14 March and instructed our solicitors then.

We were under the impression that our buyers had instructed a solicitor at the same time, however at the beginning of last week we found that this was not the case. Since then our EA has been trying to get hold of our buyer but she is not responding to calls/texts etc. EA said that she had returned from holiday 2 weeks ago so i guess unlikely to be away again...

What is the standard procedure here? EA has suggested if we don't hear from her in the next couple of days to put the house back on the market. I am also concerned we will lose the house we are buying if we don't sell again asap so I guess we will need to let that EA know too
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • 54,324 Posts
    • 47,134 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    Remarket your property. Perhaps your buyer failed to obtain a mortgage.
    “ “Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.” Sir John Marks Templeton
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 19th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    • 6,865 Posts
    • 7,293 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:07 PM
    I wouldn't wait a couple of days, I'd have it back on immediately, eg Thursday, maybe that will wake the buyer up. They may be a nervous FTB backing out, or may just need a prod to get on with it not understanding how the process works and that some sign of getting on with it is needed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,650Posts Today

7,479Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin