Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nohopeharry
    • By Nohopeharry 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Nohopeharry
    Nationwide asking for employers details
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    Nationwide asking for employers details 19th Apr 17 at 4:56 PM
    Hi all,
    I have just applied for/opened a Nationwide FlexDirect current account and was just wondering why they ask for employers details? Is it just to see if you are earning so you fulfill the application criteria, or are they trying to change the account my wages are deposited into? Stupid, I know...

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 19th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    • 51,388 Posts
    • 21,762 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    ... why they ask for employers details? Is it just to see if you are earning so you fulfill the application criteria, or are they trying to change the account my wages are deposited into?
    Originally posted by Nohopeharry
    It's definitely not the latter.

BTW, FlexDirect is a current account and this is "Savings" board.
    Last edited by grumbler; 19-04-2017 at 5:13 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 19th Apr 17, 5:17 PM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 1,090 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:17 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:17 PM
    Hi all,
    I have just applied for/opened a Nationwide FlexDirect current account and was just wondering why they ask for employers details? Is it just to see if you are earning so you fulfill the application criteria, or are they trying to change the account my wages are deposited into? Stupid, I know...

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Nohopeharry
    Forms part of the application assessment/credit scoring criteria as it's a current account.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 19th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    • 5,777 Posts
    • 5,652 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:35 PM
    One of the numerous banks I opened a current account with over the last few years insisted on validating my stated employer by phoning the registered office and asking to be put through to me, as part of their verification process. I think it was First Direct but couldn't swear to it - based on other posts on here it wouldn't be a surprise if a sub-brand of HSBC were more rigorous than most!
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 19th Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    • 3,146 Posts
    • 2,906 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    BTW, FlexDirect is a current account and this is "Savings" board.
    Originally posted by grumbler
    And?

This account is an excellent place to save £2500, and is often mentioned on this board.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 19th Apr 17, 6:38 PM
    • 6,868 Posts
    • 12,369 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:38 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:38 PM
    And?

This account is an excellent place to save £2500, and is often mentioned on this board.
    Originally posted by Eco Miser
    Yes, but this is a savings and investments board and it's not a question on how to go about saving or investing or what the costs or returns might be or the best providers. It's a query about opening a bank account, and there is a separate dedicated board with "bank accounts" in its name...
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 19th Apr 17, 6:39 PM
    • 51,388 Posts
    • 21,762 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:39 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:39 PM
    And?

Originally posted by Eco Miser
    Yes, but the question is specific for current accounts, regardless of the interest they pay.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

749Posts Today

6,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin