Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StSplodge
    • By StSplodge 19th Apr 17, 4:08 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    StSplodge
    Derby Council Issued Resident Permit Mistakenly Then Resind it without Notice(
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:08 PM
    Derby Council Issued Resident Permit Mistakenly Then Resind it without Notice( 19th Apr 17 at 4:08 PM
    Hi first time poster after advice and assurance ! My daughter is a student in Derby and moved into a rented city centre flat in July 2016. There are no parking spaces allocated to the flats but the roads around the area state they are 'pay at machine' or 'permit holders'. She visited the local authority with her tenancy agreement and proof of car ownership and was issued a residents permit, which she was charged for, valid until July 2017. She has parked regularly in these streets without problem until 19th Jan 2017 when she received a PCN. She then received a letter dated 20th Jan stating that her flats were not included in the permit area and that the Permit was issued by mistake. She queried this with the Authority and was told on 9th Feb 2017 that her permit was no longer valid and she would be liable for any further PCNs ( they have cancelled the one dated 19th Jan ). However to find an alternative private parking space took time - she eventually secured one on 12th March 2017, in the meantime she received a further four PCNs which we contested and they have refused to cancel. My argument is that they issued the permit - albeit mistakenly - and should either let the permit run to expiry or at least cancel it with sufficient notice to allow suitable alternative arrangements to be made. Our next step is to go to trafficpenaltytribunal.go v any help or advice would be gratefully received !
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    • 45,046 Posts
    • 57,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    Our next step is to go to trafficpenaltytribunal.
    You should post on pepipoo here, where the Council PCN experts are:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

So you have already gone through NTO stage (owner's appeal, second stage) and lost those appeals v all 4 PCNs?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• StSplodge
    • By StSplodge 19th Apr 17, 4:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    StSplodge
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:43 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:43 PM
    Waiting for validation on pepipoo.
    Yes you are correct only appeal now is to tribunal website.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 1,922 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    I assume you DIDN'T use a Hotmail address when registering on Pepipoo? (It doesn't like them). Registration should be near-instant.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • StSplodge
    • By StSplodge 19th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    StSplodge
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    Yes so I have found out - I will try registering again with a different email .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,046Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin