Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hammertime65
    • By Hammertime65 19th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hammertime65
    UK CPM query
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    UK CPM query 19th Apr 17 at 2:39 PM
    Hello
    Newbie here after a bit of guidance.
    Received a postal ticket from CPM for parking on private land whilst working. Didnt realise it was private, as was on land which appeared to be part of premises where I was working.
    I've read through newbie's thread and understand my first point of contact is appeal to CPM, who have only provided a PO box address, so all has to be done in writing.
    I didnt realise that appeals in writing had to be done within 21 days of day after notice was issued (21 days expired yesterday)
    Should I now wait for next letter from CPM, and then proceed? as assume that as appeal window has now past, no point in writing to them?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Apr 17, 2:48 PM
    • 13,630 Posts
    • 21,375 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:48 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:48 PM
    Send the initial appeal in anyway to show you have entered the process of trying to sort this out (use the IPC template in the NEWBIES sticky).

It will be rejected, thereafter ignore everything short of a LBC or real court papers. Appealing further to the IAS is not recommended (as outlined in the sticky).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Hammertime65
    • By Hammertime65 20th Apr 17, 9:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hammertime65
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:16 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:16 AM
    Thanks for reply, have sent appeal anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,253Posts Today

8,450Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin