Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Catw0man
    • By Catw0man 19th Apr 17, 2:16 PM
    • 860Posts
    • 2,980Thanks
    Catw0man
    Letter before legal action
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:16 PM
    Letter before legal action 19th Apr 17 at 2:16 PM
    I received a letter today from DRP who have been instructed by UK Parking Control to get immediate settlement of £160. This is for a parking charge from 4/2/14, so more than 3 years ago, it's the first letter I have received since mid 2014.
    The letter states that if I don't pay in the next 14 days it will be recommended that it is referred to their solicitor to commence court proceedings.
    I am in Scotland and have ignored all previous letters (I no longer have them as I recently discarded them as I didn't expect to hear anything anymore after such a long period). I am slightly panicked as recently someone in my town received court action regarding parking charges and it was enforced, it was a sizeable sum.
    Should I be doing anything or carry on ignoring it?
    Thank you
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Apr 17, 2:31 PM
    • 13,717 Posts
    • 16,830 Thanks
    Redx
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:31 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:31 PM
    read the NEWBIES sticky thread , and

IGNORE drp
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    • 12,255 Posts
    • 18,684 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:35 PM
    As long as the driver isn't identified, as you live in Scotland, the registered keeper is bombproof. Do as Redx advises.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,917Posts Today

5,940Users online

Martin's Twitter