Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • j5emm
    • By j5emm 19th Apr 17, 1:52 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 3Thanks
    j5emm
    Smart parking and Matalan grrr
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:52 PM
    Smart parking and Matalan grrr 19th Apr 17 at 1:52 PM
    Hi, I can't track down my original post about Matalan and dmp letter, ( I'm not great at these forums) I have read the 'sticky' things as requested. I had a reply from Matalan today saying that I should just pay the fine and that they would send me £50 in vouchers to spend in store (no thanku). What's your thoughts on a nice reply??
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    • 12,162 Posts
    • 18,574 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:12 PM
    Just click on you user name and select 'Find other posts' to list all your past entries. Anyway, I've done it for you, here's the link:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5611982

Now go to the bottom right hand corner of the first forum page and click on Crabman or soolin and PM them and ask them to merge this and your original thread. Otherwise this will all become very messy with mixed advice on different threads which at best will be confusing, at worst expensive!
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 17, 6:59 PM
    • 45,089 Posts
    • 57,707 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:59 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:59 PM
    Hi, I can't track down my original post about Matalan and dmp letter, ( I'm not great at these forums) I have read the 'sticky' things as requested. I had a reply from Matalan today saying that I should just pay the fine and that they would send me £50 in vouchers to spend in store (no thanku). What's your thoughts on a nice reply??
    Originally posted by j5emm
    Take the vouchers as a goodwill gesture.

Do NOT pay the charge. Simple.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• j5emm
    • By j5emm 19th Apr 17, 8:10 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    j5emm
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:10 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:10 PM
    Excellent, many thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

1,232Users online

Martin's Twitter