Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • King Henryviii
    • By King Henryviii 19th Apr 17, 1:28 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    King Henryviii
    FTB mortgage + CCJ London
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:28 PM
    FTB mortgage + CCJ London 19th Apr 17 at 1:28 PM
    Hi all, hoping for some advice as to how likely I am to get a mortgage with the below circumstances.

I have a CCJ registered in 2015 and settled 10 months later. The amount was 2.8k. (In case it matters, it was a debt from uni which I forgot about, built up interest for a few years, then I only found out about it when checking credit file. Papers were sent to a wrong address. My fault, and it's settled now.)

Now I have;
    overdraft (not used)
    Credit card (balance paid in full each month)
    Salary gross 70k (42k base, 28k shares(vest twice yearly))
    No credit other credit issues for the past few years. I had some defaults dating back 4-5 years ago, all settled.

Obviously a bit of a checkered past but I'm aiming to get on the housing ladder towards the end of the year, where I will have a deposit of roughly 20-25k. I want to use htb equity loan 40%.

Appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Page 1
    • King Henryviii
    • By King Henryviii 19th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    King Henryviii
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    Thanks for your response!

Would you have a view on the level of deposit I could get? e.g. do you think my history would preclude me from a 5-10% mortgage?

1 bed new builds in London are around 300-350k at the moment but would consider a studio if my history means I need a 15%+ mortgage

Thanks for your help
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 20th Apr 17, 8:57 AM
    • 3,243 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:57 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:57 AM
    Thanks for your response!

Would you have a view on the level of deposit I could get? e.g. do you think my history would preclude me from a 5-10% mortgage?

1 bed new builds in London are around 300-350k at the moment but would consider a studio if my history means I need a 15%+ mortgage

Thanks for your help
    Originally posted by King Henryviii
    In order to match your history to the best lender/product you will need a broker. We are unable to give you specific details and lenders.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • King Henryviii
    • By King Henryviii 20th Apr 17, 1:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    King Henryviii
    • 20th Apr 17, 1:07 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 1:07 PM
    Strange, the other guy's response disappeared and makes it look like I was talking to myself
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

77Posts Today

2,849Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin