Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xxrobzyxx
    • By xxrobzyxx 19th Apr 17, 1:02 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 3Thanks
    xxrobzyxx
    Wanting to get into mortgage advice
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:02 PM
    Wanting to get into mortgage advice 19th Apr 17 at 1:02 PM
    Hi, I hope it is ok that I have come here but I need some advice.
    My dad is a mortgage advisor and I am looking to get into the same sector to join the family business. He has set me the task of researching what I need to do to get myself qualified etc [I guess to see if I am up to the task].
    So I just have a few questions as the giant encyclopedia that is google is getting me a tiny bit confused.
    1. How do I go about getting my CeMap? Again I looked on google and it sent me to Pearson Vue but they had no information about CeMap or costs etc.
    2. Am I able to do all the study myself or do I have to enroll on a course? My dad has told me he will help me study.
    3. Are there any tips anyone can give me on becoming qualified?
    That is all I can think of, off the top of my head, and if anyone could give me any answer whatsoever I would be grateful.
    Thank you so much for reading!
Page 1
    • Right_bubble
    • By Right_bubble 21st Apr 17, 11:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Right_bubble
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:27 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:27 PM
    Fantastic! Sounds like you will get the support you need from your father.

First of all if you simply google CeMAP the LIBF (previously IFS) website will come up as a link. That is how I applied and studied CeMAP. It is extremely easy to find so I am hoping you will have found it shortly after.
    I studied alone but I also know colleagues that go on courses. I personally used some revision guides from a training website to help me through my studies.
    CeMAP is made up of 3 exams with CeMAP 1 and 2 being multiple choice quotes (CEMAP 1 50 on 2 units and CEMAP 2 25 on 4 units) and CeMAP 3 is I believe 6 case studies.
    You should hopefully have an advantage. After I studied CeMAP I struggled to find an employer to take me on without mortgage advice experience but if it is your own family I would hope that wouldn't be an issue for you!

Good luck
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

3,029Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin