Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paulb2301
    • By paulb2301 19th Apr 17, 12:49 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    paulb2301
    Drp debt letter re ukpc ltd
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:49 PM
    Drp debt letter re ukpc ltd 19th Apr 17 at 12:49 PM
    I received a claim for non payment of parking on the 23.01.2014 for parking in the GALLAGHER RETAIL PARK, DUNDEE, SCOTLAND. I have sent letters back appealing as I don't drive and I was a passenger in the car, UKPC replied with a letter stating that I had to give the name of the driver who was not the owner of the car pictured in the original claim, I refused to give this information as I didn't feel it was my place to give this information. the car involved is no longer on the road as it was scrapped 5 months later as damaged in a crash.

I have now received today a debt recovery letter from DRP ltd asking for £160 within 14 days or they will instruct UKPC to put it to there solicitor.

should I contact the debt recovery company and explain that I am not a driver and was a passenger in the said car or should I just leave and wait for them to take me to court as they don't seem to understand that I don't drive so why would I be liable for a parking ticket.

paul b
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Apr 17, 1:04 PM
    • 5,987 Posts
    • 7,709 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:04 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:04 PM
    I received a claim for non payment of parking on the 23.01.2014 for parking in the GALLAGHER RETAIL PARK, DUNDEE, SCOTLAND. I have sent letters back appealing as I don't drive and I was a passenger in the car, UKPC replied with a letter stating that I had to give the name of the driver who was not the owner of the car pictured in the original claim, I refused to give this information as I didn't feel it was my place to give this information. the car involved is no longer on the road as it was scrapped 5 months later as damaged in a crash.

I have now received today a debt recovery letter from DRP ltd asking for £160 within 14 days or they will instruct UKPC to put it to there solicitor.

should I contact the debt recovery company and explain that I am not a driver and was a passenger in the said car or should I just leave and wait for them to take me to court as they don't seem to understand that I don't drive so why would I be liable for a parking ticket.

paul b
    Originally posted by paulb2301
    1: I assume you live in Scotland

2: UKPC well know they need to know who the driver is/was in Scotland and you have no obligation to tell them.
    Without that information they can do nothing

3: DRP are low class debt collectors who waste their own time sending out stupid letters which you must ignore

THE KEY = NEVER SAY WHO WAS DRIVING IN SCOTLAND
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • paulb2301
    • By paulb2301 19th Apr 17, 1:13 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    paulb2301
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:13 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:13 PM
    thanks for the reply

yes I live in Scotland, have never driven and never owned a car, I thought they had just gone away and left it but 3 years later it resurfaces. Just needed to be sure about the driver issue as I have never told them who he was and they know the car wasn't registered to him as it was his parents.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Apr 17, 2:59 PM
    • 40,305 Posts
    • 80,507 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:59 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:59 PM
    As well as not telling the scammers who was driving, you should only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper on an open forum. In this case it is unlikley the identity of the driver could be determined, but parking scammers monitor this forum and can identify a driver if certain information is given such as the relationship between a driver and keeper, and date/location/time of an alleged parking event.

You should not have engaged the scammers in the first place unless the vehicle is on hire, leased, or a motobility vehicle. If none of those conditions apply, the advice is to ignore the scammers unless real court papers from a real court arrive. The likelihood of this happening for a single alleged parking event is less than the cahnces of Miss Sturgeon and Mrs May agreeing over Scottish independence.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 19th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 7,539 Posts
    • 7,569 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers DRP in its entirety. Please read carefully!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,759Posts Today

7,474Users online

Martin's Twitter