Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • johnD17
    • By johnD17 19th Apr 17, 12:36 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 0Thanks
    johnD17
    What to do: investigation/Inquest
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:36 PM
    What to do: investigation/Inquest 19th Apr 17 at 12:36 PM
    I have interim death cert, but can't register the death.

Been told I now need to ring bank accounts

Can I use the governments 'tell us once' service if I've not registered the death?

Why does it need to be so painful !!
Page 1
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 19th Apr 17, 12:41 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 1,985 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:41 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:41 PM
    I have interim death cert, but can't register the death.

Been told I now need to ring bank accounts

Can I use the governments 'tell us once' service if I've not registered the death?

Why does it need to be so painful !!
    Originally posted by johnD17
    The interim certificate should enable you to do most things. You need to notify the bank(s)/buildings societies. Ask the Tell us once service for claification.
    • DinkyLass
    • By DinkyLass 21st Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    DinkyLass
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:41 PM
    With the interim it is a bit messy and you can't use the 'tell us once' as that's normally triggered when you go to register the death (or it is in Sheffield anyway).

I've just had the same problem with my Grandmothers death and I'm still waiting to register the death even though it's been 3 months since she died.

I have been able to sort all of her finances with the interim but it just took a bit longer than usual, also some places do tell each other, such as benefits office and DWP but I called them all individually anyway.

Sorry for your loss.

Mortgage free in Feb 2028!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,384Users online

Martin's Twitter