Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pepperoni
    • By Pepperoni 19th Apr 17, 11:11 AM
    • 448Posts
    • 1,262Thanks
    Pepperoni
    Packing Service?
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:11 AM
    Packing Service? 19th Apr 17 at 11:11 AM
    I've had a removal quote and an additional quote for a 'packing' service. I'd never heard of it but a Google search shows many forum threads reccommending it! Just wondered what those on MSE thought? Worth the money?

It's an additional £400. They come the day before and pack everything - not sure about unpacking, just clarifying this with the company.

For what it's worth I don't think I'd normally consider it but we have a 1y and 3y old

Page 3
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 10th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    • 3,191 Posts
    • 6,629 Thanks
    Murphybear
    We moved 7 weeks ago. We had a part pack, we got a ton of stuff from the attic and packed it, they did the rest. They did an amazing job, couldn't believe how fast they were. As an added bonus they didn't drink tea/coffee or eat any of the expensive bikkies I'd bought

As others have said, worth every penny
    • saajan_12
    • By saajan_12 10th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 856 Posts
    • 561 Thanks
    saajan_12
    Main things I'd suggest taking care of before the packers arrive is

1. Keep aside things you want handy on move day
    - tea / coffee / sugar / kettle / minimal crockery
    - essential food / medicines
    - clothes for the day
    - phones, chargers
    - cleaning equipment

2. Throw out rubbish
    Packers will often blindly pack everything, so have a clear out before they come and take out the bins & recycling, so you don't have unwanted items making it to your nice new home.
    • Ezhil
    • By Ezhil 17th Oct 17, 6:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ezhil
    Hi,
    For packing, some movers may charge separately. Based number of handymens and packing material they will charge. The prize may vary based on movers also.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

677Posts Today

6,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin