Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blondetotty
    • By Blondetotty 19th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    • 115Posts
    • 73Thanks
    Blondetotty
    So Frustrating - Weekly email mortgages
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:45 AM
    So Frustrating - Weekly email mortgages 19th Apr 17 at 10:45 AM
    Everytime I see the weekly email with mortgage advice and cheap fixes I scan through in the hope that one day they will recognise that not everyone is in a position to shop around.
    I'm one of a large number of shared ownership "owners" and with limited deals and usually shitty T&C's we're almost always forgotten in the rush to post headlines about 1.25% fixes for the mainstream. It would be nice to be included once in a while. *sigh* Guess I'll remain on my Santander SVR seeing as they're quoting me 6%+ to fix on a 90%LTV just because I only own 50% of "my" property.
Page 1
    • Lilla D
    • By Lilla D 19th Apr 17, 11:20 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Lilla D
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:20 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:20 PM
    You're right, not everyone can take advantage of the latest greatest rates...
    However, there are better rates than 6%+ for a 90% LTV shared ownership scenario - subject to the details of your situation. Have you spoken to a broker about your options?
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

273Posts Today

1,378Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin