Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 19th Apr 17, 10:33 AM
    • 24Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Wussell
    CCBC Letter
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:33 AM
    CCBC Letter 19th Apr 17 at 10:33 AM
    Left it to the last minute as usual.
    Had a letter from County Court Business Centre regarding an ( unfair) parking charge from last year.
    This is in my partner's name and we decided to let the whole thing ride until now when we don't seem to have a choice as the CD are involved.
    I've read lots on this forum but am a bit confused as to our next step. I've formulated a defence based on it being in her name as the R K but I was actually driving. Also, the address of the car park stated does not correspond to the actual address. Surely that cant be right?
    What to do now? TIA. Wussell
Page 2
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 3rd May 17, 11:54 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    Thanks parist, will do.
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 6th May 17, 8:45 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    Can anyone tell what happens now after submitting the defence?
    What time should elapse before we hear anything and from whom will it come?
    TIA
    • parist
    • By parist 6th May 17, 9:30 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    parist
    Received in the post yesterday a letter from CCBC confirming receipt of defence.

Posted and filed electronically to CBBC on 2nd May.
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 10th May 17, 2:32 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    CCBC Reply
    Acknowledgement of defence received arrived on Monday. What now?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th May 17, 2:44 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread explains all the steps and procedures , please read it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 23rd May 17, 10:26 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    Think I'm up to speed with what should happen and when.
    To that end and as we hadn't heard from the court regarding the Direction Questionaire, the current Mrs Wussell phoned said CCBC and they told her that the claimant has 33 days to respond to the court to say whether they wish to continue with the claim. Only then, if they wish to proceed, will the DQ be sent out.
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 19th Jun 17, 1:32 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    33 days have come and gone, even allowing for weekends and bank hols and we still haven't heard anything. The current Mrs Wussell is becoming jittery and is driving me mad. Do we phone the CCBC again or wait?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    these courts are overwhelmed with cases and the timetables tend to slip anyway

personally , I would advice SWMBO that the court and the claimant move at their own pace and that when you see a large dog and it is sleeping after being fed , you do not poke it with a sharp stick

the P word is required here

PATIENCE

frankly, there is nothing you can do, so why bother ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 4th Jul 17, 1:09 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    DQ has arrived so will be be following the instructions previously mentioned carefully before returning this week.
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 10th Jul 17, 8:32 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    DQ completed as per advice, copies for CEL and records made. Original sent to CCBC and copy to CEL, both by recorded signed for.
    Now to collate all the defence material. Any advice from recent cases would be appreciated as you don't get two bites at this cherry!
    • ColetteMT
    • By ColetteMT 10th Jul 17, 9:43 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ColetteMT
    Do you email these templates to CEL or to the courts? I'm at this stage now and not sure where exactly to send it.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 9:48 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,499 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Do you email these templates to CEL or to the courts? I'm at this stage now and not sure where exactly to send it.
    Originally posted by ColetteMT
    Post #2 of the NEWBIES thread has links to bargepole and LoadsofChildren123 both setting out what happens when, how to set defences out, which boxes to tick at DQ stage, what a Witness statement and skeleton is, and who to send it to.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Wussell
    • By Wussell 21st Aug 17, 1:21 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    Court date set for a few weeks time. Now busy finalising our evidence to take with us ( video and photos, plan of site, OS map, statement etc.) Dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time!
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 23rd Aug 17, 11:39 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    Yes! Form N279 Notice of Discontinuance arrived this morning!
    This must prove that the scamming company couldn't prove their case as the great people of this website have previously stated.
    Thank you so much to those that gave great advice when the uninitiated like myself are under the most pressure.
    If YOU are in this for the first time and genuinely think you've been hard done by, study the wise words herein to get justice and help others do the same.
    Surely a Change in the law is needed to rein back these scammers?
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 23rd Aug 17, 11:44 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    A letter to my local MP will be my first attack on this stupendous waste of court time.
    Maybe a public question about the amount of man hours wasted in the justice system could be next.
    • Wussell
    • By Wussell 23rd Aug 17, 11:48 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Wussell
    Freedom of Information Act request is what I meant.
    Anyone tried this before?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

7,849Users online

Martin's Twitter