Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lams Mail
    • By Lams Mail 19th Apr 17, 10:11 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lams Mail
    Virgin Media No Response From Resolver. Help!
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:11 AM
    Virgin Media No Response From Resolver. Help! 19th Apr 17 at 10:11 AM
    Hello.

1st time poster but many years reader. I've had problems with Virgin Media for over 6 months. We can have hours of no internet during the day or night and sometimes all night. Have made over 60 calls to them. Finally someone in faults realised it was not a utilisation issue and something else was happening. Engineers visited, senior engineers, cancelled appointments, failed call backs, using up my holiday entitlement, the list goes on. They changed router a few times and still problems, senior engineers said they didn't know what was happening, but recently did a re- pull, but I had to call again as internet down!

I used MSE's Resolver at end of March and have heard nothing from Virgin Media. I've also updated my Resolver account with calls I made after my initial complaint. I thought by using Resolver companies have to at least acknowledge a complaint within 14 days?

I'm at the end of my tether! Is there a way to contact Resolver directly to say I've had no response?
Page 1
    • macman
    • By macman 19th Apr 17, 11:00 AM
    • 40,528 Posts
    • 16,477 Thanks
    macman
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:00 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:00 AM
    VM are not obliged to respond via Resolver, but if no reply after 60 days then I think Resolver will forward the complaint to CISAS automatically on your behalf. They will already know you have had no response, as any reply will come via them.
    I'm not aware of any 14 day response requirement, and I have an existing complaint via Resolver (though not against VM) that was submitted over 30 days ago and has as yet had no response.
    Last edited by macman; 19-04-2017 at 5:20 PM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Lams Mail
    • By Lams Mail 19th Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lams Mail
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    Thanks. On Resolver it states:

The customer services department of your broadband provider should acknowledge receipt of your issue within 14 days.

'Should' being the operative word. It states on Resolver that I have 1 month to escalate my complaint to CISAS. I shall be counting down the days. I cannot believe how many days I have wasted trying to fix this.

If Virgin Media respond via Resolver, will they also try to contact me by letter or phone as well?
    • macman
    • By macman 19th Apr 17, 5:24 PM
    • 40,528 Posts
    • 16,477 Thanks
    macman
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:24 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 5:24 PM
    As you say, 'should' is the key word. I can't answer your last question, but the main point here is that by using Resolver you have initiated a formal complaint in writing, with an audit trail, and after 8 weeks without reply or a deadlock letter you can go to the Ombudsman.
    I'm in a similar position with my complaint, and I doubt that I'll get a reply.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Lams Mail
    • By Lams Mail 20th Apr 17, 9:14 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lams Mail
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:14 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:14 AM
    The audit trail is one of the most important parts I feel. I have a log of all the calls to Virgin Media so they can't deny that. Again had problems and told it could take 7 days as problems in the area. Working now though, but for how long!

Has anyone else had results from Resolver? I saw a general MSE link saying they had but wondered how recently that was.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,086Posts Today

6,812Users online

Martin's Twitter