Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • schofy
    • By schofy 19th Apr 17, 9:20 AM
    • 69Posts
    • 11Thanks
    schofy
    Indemnity Policy
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:20 AM
    Indemnity Policy 19th Apr 17 at 9:20 AM
    Hi, Not sure this is the right thread, I am applying for a remortgage, But the new provider is after a copy of an idemnity policy for the property as its on leasehold where I pay a minimal ground rent every year. I contacted the solicitors who handled stuff when I bought the house originally who convieniently no longer have any of my files any more as they were removed after 6 years. Even though at the time I paid for archive fees and paid a fee for the policy but this now turns out to have been supplied by the seller and they just billed me to confirm it was ok but have no records of anything at all.
    Obviously the people who are handling my new remortage can supply one, But I feel quite be-grudge to pay for something that obvioulsy exist somewhere. Am I going to have to just pay for another, Is there a way to find out through some organisation to locate it, Do I try to find the original seller on fb, lol.
    If I didnt want to use the lenders people because I feel they are going to rip me off, where do I start getting another? Another solicitors.
    Any help would be most gratefull.
    Ps. Excuse spelling mistakes, Typing as fast as possible at work.
Page 1
    • stator
    • By stator 19th Apr 17, 10:00 AM
    • 5,895 Posts
    • 3,878 Thanks
    stator
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:00 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:00 AM
    Unless you find the paperwork looks like you'll have to buy another one.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
    • schofy
    • By schofy 19th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    schofy
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:30 AM
    Thanks, Seems like a con to me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,947Posts Today

7,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin