Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rogeryrogery
    • By rogeryrogery 19th Apr 17, 9:13 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rogeryrogery
    Zenith insurence
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:13 AM
    Zenith insurence 19th Apr 17 at 9:13 AM
    Hello,

My car was insured from Zenith, had accident august 2016. I called them on December if I can cancel insurance. They said no, claim is still active. and It will stay on file for 6 month so I can cancel after 27th Feb. Again called them after date they said it still active ( no claim been made from me or third party ) so in mid of March, I asked one of their online agent if I can cancel insurence he said yes i can and I have to pay 5£ premium if I do it today. I was like yes go ahead. once he cancelled it he said my direct debit after 5 days will still go through 181£ + 5£. He never mentioned if that direct debit will still go through. so I asked him to restore insurance. as I will be stupid to cancel it 1 month early for no reason when I am paying for that month. He said he can't restore as system don't let him do that. I called Zenith and again they said same thing they can't restore but still will take payment. I cancelled my direct debit and now got letter for unpaid 181£ + 5£. If I don't pay they will pass it to debt collection.

Can any help please give me any advice on it?
    Really appreciate it.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 19th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 88,341 Posts
    • 53,558 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:50 AM
    If you have a claim in a policy year, you are normally liable for the full annual premium whether you cancel the insurance or keep it running.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • rogeryrogery
    • By rogeryrogery 19th Apr 17, 12:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rogeryrogery
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:23 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:23 PM
    Thanks for response.
    The " Claim " was only letting insurance know about incident happened. No claim as made by me or third party / nothing paid out to any one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,512Posts Today

9,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin