Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • raywoodhams
    • By raywoodhams 19th Apr 17, 8:46 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 5Thanks
    raywoodhams
    0 WOW
    Credit card charges in New Zealand
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:46 AM
    0 WOW
    Credit card charges in New Zealand 19th Apr 17 at 8:46 AM
    I have a Halifax Clarity card, so I am ok with charges levied by the UK bank, but can anyone tell me whether New Zealand retailers routinely charge extra for using credit cards, compared with ,say, cash or debit cards? Also is there a common minimum purchase for Credit card use
Page 1
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 19th Apr 17, 9:19 AM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 887 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:19 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:19 AM
    I don't recall any issues when I was on holiday in NZ.

Having spent a small fortune on the holiday CC and DB charges are insignificant.
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 19th Apr 17, 9:58 AM
    • 11,794 Posts
    • 9,736 Thanks
    zagfles
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:58 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 9:58 AM
    We used the Clarity loads in NZ and there was one retailer that charged a small CC charge (about 1.5%) but none of the others did. DCC (currency conversion) was rare too - though that was 4 years ago, it may have changed now.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 19th Apr 17, 10:25 AM
    • 6,896 Posts
    • 274,421 Thanks
    DUKE
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:25 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:25 AM
    We used Nationwide CC in November in a book shop & we didn't get charged extra.
    Thanks everyone!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

25Posts Today

3,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Ps sadly i got in too late to have seen Corbyn, hence why no comment on his performance

• Follow Martin