Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lovehols
    • By lovehols 19th Apr 17, 6:42 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 10Thanks
    lovehols
    0 WOW
    Car Hire Excess for older cars
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:42 AM
    0 WOW
    Car Hire Excess for older cars 19th Apr 17 at 6:42 AM
    I normally rent older cars abroad and am looking for a car hire inaurqnce company that will cover the excess. This is normally limited to 10 the old cars does anyone know of a policy that will cover older cars.

Thanks
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 19th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 17,641 Posts
    • 7,167 Thanks
    richardw
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:31 PM
    What level is the excess on older cars?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • lovehols
    • By lovehols 19th Apr 17, 12:42 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    lovehols
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:42 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 12:42 PM
    The excess is $2000 NZD excess but I got a policy from worldwide insure that covers cars up to 20 years old. I believe that the car is likely to be around 2014 as I emailed the company to check so it will be fine. I checked all the policies on the comparison site on MSE which was recommended and had to search through all the fine print and this was the only one that covered cars older than 10 years so it's worth checking carefully.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 19th Apr 17, 6:22 PM
    • 10,287 Posts
    • 4,378 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:22 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:22 PM
    I'm sure you mean 2004.

I noticed a lot of those old cars for hire on comparison websites, but we got a good deal with Hertz for a new Rav4 at the time. 25% off, discount code and Quidco. Perhaps around 30 per day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,505Posts Today

6,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin