Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 19th Apr 17, 6:17 AM
    • 2,841Posts
    • 38,366Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Wednesday 19 April 2017
    • 19th Apr 17, 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 19 April 2017 19th Apr 17 at 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 19 April 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Now light, blue sky but cold and slight frost. Will peg the washing out shortly.

Dinner last night was LO beef cooked in gravy, pork steaks, mash, cauli in cheese sauce, peas, LO yorkshires, I had extra veg with mine, as trying to up the veg intake. Tonight will be an easy fish, chips/jacket pot, beans/veg, all easy after a busy day at work.

Yesterday work was manic, with people off sick, and it really showed that whilst we can just about cope with the staffing at the levels management have set, as soon as someone is off sick or as we saw yesterday something unexpected happens, ie, a General Election is announced when no-one was expecting it! It has a major effect on us - this is really going to be even worse than we already thought as with General Elections more people want to vote, the amount of work created just yesterday from the announcement was noticable!

Can't wait until the end of today - time off!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 19-04-2017 at 6:31 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 19th Apr 17, 7:16 PM
    • 9,791 Posts
    • 105,379 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Dumpling - I would have asked my friend to take her dog outside if it was jumping up on me.
    Originally posted by nannywindow
    Just my twopenn'orth, but personally I think the dog should be attending training classes; certainly should have learned basic "sit" and "stay" and be able to do them. It's not the dog's fault - if he's never been taught what's acceptable, he can't be expected to know - but bringing him to someone else's house and just letting him run riot is totally unacceptable imho.

We have another Staffie booking for later in the year - she came for her meet'n'greet visit, and settled down quietly so very quickly that her owner asked me if I was a Dog Whisperer!
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 20th Apr 17, 1:13 AM
    • 15,398 Posts
    • 125,443 Thanks
    JackieO
    Speky if you dab aftershave on a cold sore it helps a bit, or any spirit I think no sneaky slurps though ,even though it is medicinal
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

3,029Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin