Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frith
    • By Frith 18th Apr 17, 7:46 PM
    • 4,130Posts
    • 38,590Thanks
    Frith
    Good teenage investment account
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:46 PM
    Good teenage investment account 18th Apr 17 at 7:46 PM
    I've been using the Halifax 6% saver account for my older son, paying in £100 a month for just over 2 years.

At the end of each year, the money is "syphoned" off and goes into a normal Halifax account (very low interest).

With just over £2000 in the "normal" account, does anyone have any suggestions where I could move it to with a better interest rate?

Son is 16 now so it would only need to be for another 1.5 years.

Thank you.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
Page 1
    • Frith
    • By Frith 18th Apr 17, 7:50 PM
    • 4,130 Posts
    • 38,590 Thanks
    Frith
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:50 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:50 PM
    In addition, I have just read (had no idea!) that the old Child Trust Funds can now be moved. My younger son has one (about £1000 in, if I remember right) so I also need to find somewhere better to put his money.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

328Posts Today

3,225Users online

Martin's Twitter