Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Linguy
    • By Linguy 18th Apr 17, 7:15 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Linguy
    Uk cps ltd pcn
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:15 PM
    Uk cps ltd pcn 18th Apr 17 at 7:15 PM
    I have received a pcn from UK cps for leaving the site, the newbie thread says to leave a month then appeal online or by email, but the pcn says I must appeal within 21 days and only in writing. It says they do not accept email appeals, I'm not sure whether to appeal or not and how to do it if I do
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Apr 17, 7:17 PM
    • 13,616 Posts
    • 21,349 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:17 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:17 PM
    Is this a windscreen ticket you are quoting from, or from a letter you've received in the post?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Apr 17, 7:18 PM
    • 14,784 Posts
    • 18,593 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:18 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:18 PM
    if this was a windscreen ticket, IGNORE it and wait for an NTK in the post after day 28 , appeal that one within the 21 days using the IPC template
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Linguy
    • By Linguy 18th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Linguy
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 8:02 PM
    This was a windscreen ticket thanks redx
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 11:47 AM
    Remember they will have no evidence of anyone 'leaving the site' nor even will that *site boundary* have been identified on any signage.

Whatever you do, don't identify the driver and don't talk about excuses/reasons or where the driver was (no admissions). Hence why the template in the NEWBIES thread is templatey, to keep the facts unsaid! UKCPS rarely try court and aren't very successful v forum defences and often fall down on awful signs:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ukcps-claim-dismissed-judge-rules_14.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ukcps-claim-dismissed-judge-rules.html

If this were me, I would be getting some damning photos of the lack of signs, e.g. there is a UKCPS site I know about with no entrance sign and only one (high up and unreadable) in the middle of the car park, none beside the stores, none in two whole rows of bays. That sort of evidence is worth gathering now, in case they change the signs later.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 19-04-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Linguy
    • By Linguy 20th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Linguy
    • 20th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    • 20th Jul 17, 12:14 PM
    I sent the appeal using the IPC template first class on the 19th day, so it should have arrived on time, they are saying my appeal was "presented significantly late" and the parking chargevwill stand, they also say "as you have not complied with our internal appeals procedure we will not engage with the IAS".

They have sent pictures but none show anyone leaving the site, also the location is wrong, please can anyone advise what I should do next
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 48,261 Posts
    • 61,746 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 20th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    Nothing at all. Same as this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72863805#post72863805

Same as all IPC cases. Come back if they try a small claim, We also help write defences and hand-hold defendants to the court hearing (and the BMPA - a great charity - even hand hold by text, when a person is in the court waiting room!) and we win 99% of the time.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,019Posts Today

8,295Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin