Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FredandCarly
    • By FredandCarly 18th Apr 17, 6:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FredandCarly
    Plum Underwriting Insurance and Crawford and Company Adjusters - STAY AWAY
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:57 PM
    Plum Underwriting Insurance and Crawford and Company Adjusters - STAY AWAY 18th Apr 17 at 6:57 PM
    Do not risk your property with these insurers. I filed a claim for a water leak 7 months ago. The company (Plum Underwriting and Crawford and Company) said they were not going to cover this and then stopped replying to all my efforts to contact them. They ignored my requests to send me their complaints policy. They closed my file. I contacted the financial ombudsman who said that Plum were liable to pay the claim. They have since responded to say that they will pay and have accepted responsibility. However, it gets worse. They have not send the payment and are now ignoring my efforts to contact them again. I have to go back to the ombudsman to ask them to contact Plum again to get them to transfer the funds that they are liable for. I have still received nothing. Be warned, stay away! Pay a little extra to get a policy that will cover you for when things go wrong.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 19th Apr 17, 7:59 AM
    • 3,502 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:59 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:59 AM
    you get what you pay for generally unfortunately
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 845 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    Lots of insurers use Crawford and Co, not just Plum insurance.
    Capital One:£1,259.40/£1,300.00
    Aqua: £273.29/£300.00
    o2: £221.00 / £271.00
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

662Posts Today

5,074Users online

Martin's Twitter