Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ClaudiaD
    • By ClaudiaD 18th Apr 17, 6:50 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ClaudiaD
    Parking Eye 'Fines' Barnet Hospital
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:50 PM
    Parking Eye 'Fines' Barnet Hospital 18th Apr 17 at 6:50 PM
    My mother has been in Barnet Hospital for the last month, she has advanced dementia. She is still seriously unwell and we fear the worst. This is a very stressful time for us all and needless to say the family have been visiting her regularly - The Driver has visited her almost every other day throughout the period.

The Keeper of the car has received 2 parking charge notices from Parking Eye. Unfortunately The Keeper is not always great at opening his post so The Driver has only just found out about one of the Penalty charge notices which was issued 14 days ago - so discounted charge period ends today.

Each time The Driver has visited the hospital they have used the PaybyPhone app and therefore have a record of each of the periods paid for. The parking charge notices are similar in that one has 22 mins and the other 26 mins from entering the car park to parking period starting. They both coincidentally have 13mins between end of paid parking period and leaving the site. Both incidences were on a Tuesday afternoon and when The Driver has visited on weekday afternoons it has taken them around 20mins waiting for a space to become available... The overrun period has just been the time from getting back to the car, getting themselves together for the hour journey home - there has at no time been any intention to avoid paying for parking.

I have read other posts on this matter but just wondered if anyone had any specific advice as the Driver has been a regular visitor to the hospital, understands where and how to park, not a patient of the hospital nor has it been an emergency situation as such.

It has been frustrating enough having to spend so long waiting to park but now to be penalised for it is just not right. Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by ClaudiaD; 08-05-2017 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Requested to alter paragraph layout.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    • 16,483 Posts
    • 20,637 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:54 PM
    start by editing the above into readable paragraphs please
    also change the details to KEEPER and DRIVER, do not indicate WHO was driving at all , that is between yourselves and not for public consumption

like this post I have made

and read the NEWBIES sticky thread

and complain to PALS asap too

and these are not "fines" , they are invoices, speculative invoices that break government policy
    Last edited by Redx; 18-04-2017 at 7:02 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • ClaudiaD
    • By ClaudiaD 18th Apr 17, 7:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ClaudiaD
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:22 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:22 PM
    Thanks Redx.

I have read the Newbies thread but not sure if the template applies as the complaint is really about being timed entering and exiting the site rather than the time spent parking...?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Apr 17, 7:27 PM
    • 16,483 Posts
    • 20,637 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:27 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:27 PM
    PE should deduct the waiting time, but they do not monitor waiting time, merely time on site , which is why they caught out the driver

read the government guidelines to see why this is wrong

and that blue text template covers all eventualities in this "game" , so use it

and as I said, complain to PALS about this "racket" and get them to cancel any outstanding charges

this is all well documented on parking pranksters blogsite too, please read the blogs
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • ClaudiaD
    • By ClaudiaD 18th Apr 17, 9:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ClaudiaD
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:52 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:52 PM
    Thanks again - advice much appreciated.
    • ClaudiaD
    • By ClaudiaD 18th Apr 17, 9:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ClaudiaD
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:57 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:57 PM
    Sorry - another question - do use and send the whole contents of the template or adjust it to my situation?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Apr 17, 11:45 PM
    • 16,483 Posts
    • 20,637 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:45 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:45 PM
    send the blue text template untouched and unchanged , ONLINE , choosing KEEPER in their drop down box

there is nothing to think about at this stage
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

772Posts Today

6,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin