Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 18th Apr 17, 6:13 PM
    • 4,386Posts
    • 8,689Thanks
    marliepanda
    Holiday following resignation
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:13 PM
    Holiday following resignation 18th Apr 17 at 6:13 PM
    Hello

Quick question on holiday rights.

My family member recently resigned from her job. They work 1 day a week in a cafe and recently resigned. They said they were more than happy to work their notice, but, due to the reasons for resigning (a personality clash making work unbearable) and the fact that a new member of staff needed to be taken on/trained, they said they would also be happy not to work the notice. Holiday was mentioned but as it has been a part year my family member wasnt sure how much she had left.

Manager thought about it, and eventually decided she wouldnt ask her to work her notice. Upon receiving the final pay, no holiday has been paid.

Their holiday years runs Sept 1st to August 31st. She has only taken one days holiday so far this holiday period. I reckon she should be due another 1/2 days. She feels this has been taken away to penalise her for not working her notice, however, that wasnt her choice (although she indicated it would not at all be a bad thing) and I feel she should be paid those days pay.

(its probably irrelevant but at times this person has worked 2-4 days a week when times were busy, but has never received more than her contracted 5 week holiday pay, aka, 5 days, something else I dont think is correct, she is not bothered about this but also doesnt want only one days holiday for working 7 months of this year)
    Survey Earnings 2017 - 163
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 28,458 Posts
    • 17,011 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    working 1 day a week holiday due for around 7 months will be
    (more accurate calculaions based on weeks worked would be better)

5.6 * 7/12 = 3.27 days paid.

if they got paid for any BH & holidays taken they need taking off.
    • cr1mson
    • By cr1mson 18th Apr 17, 7:09 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    cr1mson
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:09 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:09 PM
    I would start off nicey nicey and get in touch saying sorry looks like there has been an error as my holiday pay hasn't been paid and asking when it will be? No point going in all guns blazing as may be an error.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,821Posts Today

7,108Users online

Martin's Twitter