Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Archiethere
    • By Archiethere 18th Apr 17, 6:13 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Archiethere
    Contractual parking charge notice g24
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:13 PM
    Contractual parking charge notice g24 18th Apr 17 at 6:13 PM
    Good day,

i received a letter earlier today from g24, asking me to part with £100, (£60 if I pay immediately) for parking on a local sports direct car park for 150 minutes, the maximum was 120 according to the letter.

Im a member at the gym where I parked my car and I was indeed using the gym that day, however I have issues with the times they are claiming I left the car park. It says on the letter I left at 13:28:57 but I have text messages sent by myself at 13:27, 13:30, 13:34 and 13:46. If I'd have left the car park at 13:28 it usually takes me 15/20 minutes to get home and I wouldn't have been able to send these texts. And I certainly did not text whilst I was driving.

another thing which isn't sitting well with me is when I first joined the gym there is a tablet computer as you go in which asks you to input your registration number, which I did. One day I forgot to do it and I told the receptionist I'd forgot to do it and enquired if I'd get a fine, I was told not to worry about it and I'd only have to do input my reg into it if I was staying over three hours, so I'd never worried about parking since then and after speaking to other drivers they did not I out their registrations too.

With both of these issues I'd assume that the company would say that firstly I was texting whilst driving, and secondly that it's my word against theirs with regards to the receptionist telling me it's a three hour limit.

What at should I do? Complain to the manager of the gym? Deny I was driving? Provide evidence that I was texting at that time?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Apr 17, 6:34 PM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 18,604 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:34 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:34 PM
    do not give them any info at all

complain to the gym or landholder and insist on a cancellion asap , and in writing in case it went to a court case (MCOL)

and read and follow the IPC member advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread , without revealing who was driving and do not alter the template at all

there is no "fine" , you made that part up, its an INVOICE that was received, a speculative invoice, nothing more

its their task to prove who was driving, unless they have followed POFA2012, in which case they can pursue the keeper instead (in england and wales)

the above advice is for england and wales only
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 18th Apr 17, 6:51 PM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 5,700 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:51 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:51 PM
    that it's my word against theirs with regards to the receptionist telling me it's a three hour limit.

Nothing wrong with that, unless of course you are an old lag.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Archiethere
    • By Archiethere 18th Apr 17, 7:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Archiethere
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:52 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:52 PM
    Thanks for your replies. I have contacted the manager of the gym asking them to contact the company and request a cancellation.
    • sirkalten
    • By sirkalten 18th Apr 17, 9:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sirkalten
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:04 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 9:04 PM
    So would I be right in following the same 'ignore it' approach? Same company and I did park in one of their carparks, paid the £1 fee as usual, but the camera system says I didn't and I have no proof other than my word.

Amazed they can get away with such tactics...
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Apr 17, 11:48 PM
    • 14,790 Posts
    • 18,604 Thanks
    Redx
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:48 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 11:48 PM
    there is no "ignore it" approach

you should always initiate the first appeal regardless , using the correct template (so the IPC template for IPC members), so same advice as I gave in post #2
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Archiethere
    • By Archiethere 19th Apr 17, 10:13 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Archiethere
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:13 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:13 PM
    Spoke to the manager today who has agreed to get it cancelled for me. Result! Thanks for your help, I'll be more careful in the future.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 20th Apr 17, 8:42 AM
    • 2,753 Posts
    • 2,774 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:42 AM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:42 AM
    Follow up with an email to the manager (if you can) to confirm the agreement. It ain't over until it's cancelled.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Archiethere
    • By Archiethere 20th Apr 17, 5:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Archiethere
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:49 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 5:49 PM
    Good idea I'll email him now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin