Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kates08
    • By kates08 18th Apr 17, 5:03 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    kates08
    House equity as a cash sum when moving home?
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:03 PM
    House equity as a cash sum when moving home? 18th Apr 17 at 5:03 PM
    Hi all, also posted in the Mortgage board as I wasn't sure where the best place to post was.

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I've only bought a house once and never sold one so this is all a bit confusing!

We have around £70k equity in our house (if we sell for around the asking price), we've found a house which is in our dream location but needs around £40k of work done to it (basically gutting it). We want to be able to borrow at a higher LTV, only putting down £30k of our equity from the house and take our other £40k of equity as cash to spend on the renovations. Is that possible?

If so how long would it take for us to be able to get our hands on the cash? We'd need to live in the house while renovating and the kitchen and bathroom are not liveable for a long period of time!

TIA, Kate
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 18th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 31,163 Posts
    • 16,625 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    Answered on duplicate thread in M&E.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5635727
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

676Posts Today

6,429Users online

Martin's Twitter