Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • givememoney
    • By givememoney 18th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    • 959Posts
    • 1,214Thanks
    givememoney
    0 WOW
    Check your receipts
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:56 PM
    0 WOW
    Check your receipts 18th Apr 17 at 4:56 PM
    Morrisons a couple of weeks ago:
    Lurpak showing 2 for £5 - at till £3.25 each - refund given

Following week at Morrisons
    Mackies ice cream £2.74 for 2 litres - at till £4 - refund given

Yesterday at Poundstretcher
    PG tips 240 pack £3.49 - checked at till before being rung up £3.99 - charged me the right price of £3.49

Hobby craft today
    2 packs of Playdoh £3.50 each - at till £4 each - assistant checked and charged me the £3.50

I hope you all check your bills as I seemed to be overcharged most times I go shopping.

Tesco today and NOT overcharged wow!
Page 1
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th Apr 17, 5:13 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:13 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:13 PM
    Tesco is the best place to be over charged imo , as long as you don't query is at the checkout and take it up with CS instead

Double the money back plus the item , I love when they over charge
    • millie
    • By millie 18th Apr 17, 7:19 PM
    • 884 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    millie
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:19 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 7:19 PM
    Asda give you a £2 gift card if they overcharge you, although you sometimes have to ask for it as they seem to conveniently forget.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 19th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 12,084 Posts
    • 11,477 Thanks
    Chris25
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:26 AM

I hope you all check your bills as I seemed to be overcharged most times I go shopping.

!
    Originally posted by givememoney
    me too !
    • CloughiesBrewerArmy
    • By CloughiesBrewerArmy 19th Apr 17, 10:31 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 1,300 Thanks
    CloughiesBrewerArmy
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:31 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:31 PM
    I was overcharged £2.79 the other week in Tesco - the one time I forgot to check.

Contacted Customer Services who asked my clubcard number, said I had been a good loyal customer and sent me a £10 moneycard.

My peeved state turned into a
    Weight Loss - Start (25th September 2016) 13st 10lbs, Current 11st 1lb (6th July 2017)

Target 11st 3lbs - Completed

New Target - To Lose More.....or at worst gain muscle
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    • 6,818 Posts
    • 12,522 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    • 19th Apr 17, 10:41 PM
    Also check receipts for cashier errors - bought three items the same, got charged for four, YS scanned at original price or first reduction price if reduced twice or more, loose produce weighed as more expensive item. For example, I was charged for an organic butternut squash not the standard one. It's 60p more a kg.
    • jhgkp
    • By jhgkp 20th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    jhgkp
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 12:20 PM
    I have always done this - much to the annoyance of my OH when its only pennies - but look after the pennies and pounds will look after themselves - habit I got from my late mother. I have now got an A$da savings xmas savings card and each time I get the £2 from them it goes on it - think I have accumulated £64 since 2015 - always handy at back of the purse just in case.
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 27th Apr 17, 10:18 PM
    • 3,463 Posts
    • 18,879 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:18 PM
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:18 PM
    Tesco is the best place to be over charged imo , as long as you don't query is at the checkout and take it up with CS instead

Double the money back plus the item , I love when they over charge
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    I think it's double the difference not double the actual price.
    E.g. If you were charged 50p instead of 40p - you'd get double the difference = 20p.

I always find I have to ask.

Also once my shop came to more than I expected so I checked my receipt before leaving the store and the very first item was for a £34.99 printer ink cartridge that I'd not bought!
    Apparently the cashier had done a price check for another customer and forgotten to clear it.
    They refused to give me double because they said it was cashier error.
    Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 27th Apr 17, 10:26 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:26 PM
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:26 PM
    Not sure

We bought a microwave for £40 in with the Christmas shop. We had drink and printer inks and kids clothes so really didn't know we were over charged. I did say at the check out "how much?" In a jokey sort of way

Weren't till we got outside and lit a smoke that I saw on the receipt the microwave had gone through twice -£80

Off to CS and we were refunded £80 and given the microwave

Happened before with a 2 piece child's outfit. Went through as two items, was refunded £35 and given the outfit
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 28th Apr 17, 8:53 AM
    • 17,060 Posts
    • 43,125 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Much as I dislike this sleazeball rag, this link to The Sun explains DTD:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1888357/how-you-can-get-free-food-and-money-back-at-tesco/

For example, you bought a large box of soap powder which was priced at £5 on the shelf but you get charged £10 at the till.
    All you need to do is go to the customer service desk, explain there has been an error and say you want “double the difference”.
    You should then receive back £5 for the overcharge AND an additional £5.

Tesco is shy about promoting the policy but a spokesman told The Sun Online that it was “a way to provide a little extra help to its customers”.

Last week, a Tesco customer bought a gift box that was in the sale for £12.50 but they were charged £30 instead.
    He posted on the 10 Ways Facebook group about how he had got £30, plus an extra £5 for the inconvenience.

A Tesco spokesman said: “In the unlikely event that we charge you more than the price shown on the shelf or on the product at the time of purchase, we’ll give you double the difference.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

425Posts Today

4,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin