Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eatshootsleaves
    • By Eatshootsleaves 18th Apr 17, 3:09 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Eatshootsleaves
    Beaufort Park visit
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:09 PM
    Beaufort Park visit 18th Apr 17 at 3:09 PM
    Hello I am a resident of Beaufort Park in Colindale, my first and only visit by my friend ended in a pcn for her, I have a parking permit as a resident with a 3 bedroom apartment, bought a book of 10 parking vouchers, my friend told me she had arrived, I gave her a voucher correctly filled in and she parked the car and spent a couple of hours with me, when she left we found a pcn.
    Now it turns out that the pcn was issued because she was parked in an area which is gated, and she was only supposed to be outside the gated area, my issue with this is that the gates are not operational currently,the gates will not be used until the car park is finished , not only that I am a disabled person so it is difficult for me to walk outside of my "gated block" to locate my friend to give her a voucher. I feel victimised because I am disabled, I have a blue badge,I have a parking permit in a disabled bay, but I have to travel God knows where around the estate to give my visitors vouchers, which is really inconvenient for me.
    Last edited by Eatshootsleaves; 18-04-2017 at 3:12 PM.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Apr 17, 3:12 PM
    • 7,021 Posts
    • 6,994 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:12 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:12 PM
    Then you need to get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to get yourself informed about the situation with private parking, the various avenues to challenge tickets and start raising hell with your estate "management" to get this cancelled on her behalf!

Also, Blue Badges mean nothing on private property - its the Equality Act that applies there, regardless of anyone having a badge or not.
    • Eatshootsleaves
    • By Eatshootsleaves 18th Apr 17, 3:16 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eatshootsleaves
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:16 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:16 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I believe I need to wait for the notification to driver before I start the appeal, and is it a case of trespassing, so the cost to the estate is minimal
    Also where are the stickies located
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    • 38,962 Posts
    • 77,736 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:42 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I believe I need to wait for the notification to driver before I start the appeal, and is it a case of trespassing, so the cost to the estate is minimal
    Originally posted by Eatshootsleaves
    The NEWBIES explains whether to wait for the NTK or not, depending on which trade association the parking scammers belong to.

So, please tell us the name of the parking company that issued the PCN.

This is not a trespass case, unless the landowner issued the PCN. If the PCN is from a private parking company then it is a case of contract law.
    What does your lease/AST say about parking and parking permits? This will override any made up rules the parking scammers may think applies.

Please also clarify. Who is waiting for the NTK, you or your friend? In other words, who is the keeper of the car involved?
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 18-04-2017 at 3:50 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Apr 17, 3:45 PM
    • 7,021 Posts
    • 6,994 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:45 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 3:45 PM
    Then now is a very good time to get yourself up to speed - before the NTK arrives. Don't act in haste here - They have to get the NTK to you within a strict timescale and you do not want to hand them personal info for free or let them-off of a stage that a surprising number of companies manage to screw-up regularly.

I told you exactly where the stickies are in my post!
    • Eatshootsleaves
    • By Eatshootsleaves 18th Apr 17, 4:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eatshootsleaves
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:29 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:29 PM
    Then now is a very good time to get yourself up to speed - before the NTK arrives. Don't act in haste here - They have to get the NTK to you within a strict timescale and you do not want to hand them personal info for free or let them-off of a stage that a surprising number of companies manage to screw-up regularly.

I told you exactly where the stickies are in my post!
    Originally posted by pogofish
    I know the blue badge is irrelevant because it's my blue badge on my car and not on my visitor, I mentioned the blue badge to highlight the fact that I am disabled and have mobility issues which impede me in locating visitors outside the gated area
    Regarding the stickies, it's obvious where it is if you know where to look, I'm looking at the top but I can't see it
    • Eatshootsleaves
    • By Eatshootsleaves 18th Apr 17, 4:30 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eatshootsleaves
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:30 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:30 PM
    It's napier parking
    • Eatshootsleaves
    • By Eatshootsleaves 18th Apr 17, 4:39 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eatshootsleaves
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:39 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:39 PM
    Ok just to clarify, the keeper of the vehicle is my visitor, and I am using my mobile phone, so maybe the layout of this forum is different, saying that I have been using desktop version on my mobile
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Apr 17, 4:51 PM
    • 12,722 Posts
    • 19,589 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:51 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:51 PM
    Ok just to clarify, the keeper of the vehicle is my visitor, and I am using my mobile phone, so maybe the layout of this forum is different, saying that I have been using desktop version on my mobile
    It's virtually impossible to do this properly on a mobile phone. A reasonable sized tablet or better a laptop/PC makes it much easier to have a number of tabs open for cross-references as will be needed as time progresses.

Really it is you friend who needs to be dealing with this, because she has the potential liability.

PS - the NEWBIES FAQ sticky is one of the first three threads permanently 'stuck' near the top of the forum thread list, one page back from this one. Hit your 'Back' button ( < )
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 18th Apr 17, 5:41 PM
    • 7,021 Posts
    • 6,994 Thanks
    pogofish
    Regarding the stickies, it's obvious where it is if you know where to look, I'm looking at the top but I can't see it
    In order to post here, you have already confirmed that you had read and understood the forum basics page, which fully explained stickies, their importance and location. Pleading ignorance does not work - go and read it NOW!
    • Eatshootsleaves
    • By Eatshootsleaves 22nd May 17, 11:46 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Eatshootsleaves
    ok so last week I have received the ntk, and it says that my appeal was during the 21 days I had the ticket on the car, and now I cant appeal (but I did anyway using the IPC template)
    the reason why I am representing the keeper is because the keeper doesn't speak English as a first language, wasn't actually the driver, got the pcn because my wife told the driver to park in the wrong place, and they are all nervous and just want to pay the fine. However me being the stubborn type and recognise a scam when I see one, feel its my duty to relieve them from this injustice
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd May 17, 12:49 PM
    • 12,722 Posts
    • 19,589 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    But you shouldn't be directly appealing this, your visitor should - although it's rather a moot point now as there's no viable appeal route via the IAS.

The advice beyond this point is limited, whether you or the keeper appealed, our advice would be to ignore anything further other than real court papers, which you'll now be teed up deal with because of jumping in on this. However, if it did get to court, the current confusing state of things may confuse the court too - who knows?

Turning to your visitor and them not speaking English - are they domiciled in the UK, or somewhere abroad? If the latter, there may be a bit of an 'out' available.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd May 17, 9:36 PM
    • 45,931 Posts
    • 58,949 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Actually, it would be really amusing if this OP did appeal it in their name, being vague about who parked/not mentioning whose car it is.

Then they could ambush the PPC later at IAS stage with evidence that in fact, they were neither the driver nor the keeper and therefore have no liability in law (proving this, at IAS stage, with a copy of the V5 showing the name of the actual keeper but with the address redacted).

Even better if the OP cannot drive/is not allowed to drive and has evidence from their GP in that vein. I know I'm being hopeful!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd May 17, 9:43 PM
    • 12,722 Posts
    • 19,589 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Actually, it would be really amusing if this OP did appeal it in their name, being vague about who parked/not mentioning whose car it is.

Then they could ambush the PPC later at IAS stage with evidence that in fact, they were neither the driver nor the keeper and therefore have no liability in law (proving this, at IAS stage, with a copy of the V5 showing the name of the actual keeper but with the address redacted).

Even better if the OP cannot drive/is not allowed to drive and has evidence from their GP in that vein. I know I'm being hopeful!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Do I detect a nascent strategy emerging?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,337Posts Today

4,740Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Ps sadly i got in too late to have seen Corbyn, hence why no comment on his performance

• Follow Martin