Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sonic74
    • By sonic74 18th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    sonic74
    Claiming My Excess
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:39 PM
    Claiming My Excess 18th Apr 17 at 2:39 PM
    Hello.
    At the end of last year I was involved in an car accident. The other driver was at fault and admitted this.
    My vehicle was written off and I received my cheque minus £150 Excess. I have contacted the other drivers insurance who said the £150 was included in the payment to my Insurance company. My insurance company is denying this. As I did not take out legal protection with my policy my insurance company is refusing to contact the other drivers company. I have sent the other drivers Insurance to ask for proof of payment to my insurance, but they have not got back to me.
    Any Help please!

Dave
Page 1
    • ThePants999
    • By ThePants999 18th Apr 17, 2:55 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 1,054 Thanks
    ThePants999
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:55 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 2:55 PM
    Follow your insurer's complaints procedure.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 33,482 Posts
    • 17,360 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    The third party insurer is trying it on.

You need to make a formal claim against the third party ( not your insurer) for the reimbursement of your excess (include a copy of the paperwork from your own insurer regarding the deduction from the settlement figure), and also claim back any other uninsured costs you were put to in the incident
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 33,482 Posts
    • 17,360 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    Follow your insurer's complaints procedure.
    Originally posted by ThePants999
    Insurance excess is an uninsured item, and your own insurer has no interest in recovering this for you.

There is really nothing to complain about against your own insurer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

548Posts Today

4,333Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin